Late season cold gear

SwiftShot

WKR
I picked up for stand huntin Northern East Washington on the Idaho Canadian Border a suit from Cabelas. I was worried about it. Bibs and Jacket, it was called the stand hunter. OMG, it can be 5 degrees, I will wear t shirt, underwear and socks. Walk 50 yards to the stand with only the bibs on. Completely unzipped onbthe sides flash my legs the whole way. Cool down for a few mins at the stand, suit up and climb. Sit 6 hours more and be still a little warm with the jacket half open. Only thing I added was a hand muff. I bow hunt so no gloves and the muff was nice.

That suit is still in use today. I think it is the only thing I have ever liked a purchased there.

I think this is the same suit.
https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/cab...el-scent-control-technology-and-4most-dryplus

OP
N

Nkoza

Lil-Rokslider
What are the best socks to wear? I really struggle with keeping my feet warm.
The best I have found for socks are Carharrt Arctic Wool with toe warmers inside of my Lacrosse 1600G boots.

My feet still get cold but not as bad

There are a lot of options for socks. Heated socks, heated insoles, or if those are too expensive I recommend looking into alpaca wool socks. They're better than merino wool.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

I've used the incinerator for several years now. It's the airolite version too. It's not a shit I'd want to hike in, so it's definitely warm. Sometimes I still need to throw and extra layer on under it on the coldest days. I prefer this to the fanatic because it has the waterproof goretex face fabric, not the heavy thick berber. I probably use this more than my early season stuff, I'll take it out when temps dip into the 30s.

Another option for cold feet would be exterior boot blankets/warmers. I have the Arctic Shield ones and they work well for stationary sits.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

OP
N

Nkoza

Lil-Rokslider
Got my Heater Body Suit today. Tried it on in the house in shorts and a breathable shirt. Within about 10 minutes I got so hot I think my toenails even started to sweat

Nockemdwn

FNG
Anyone know the best place “ price wise “ on the
net to buy the military polypropylene long johns ?

shtrbc

Lil-Rokslider
Heater Body Suit. Total game changer for me stand hunting in MN. Used to be one of the first people back to camp. Once my feet got cold. Done. The Heater Body Suit allows me to literally sit from before sun up, to sundown, no matter what the weather. I will say this though, you will freeze your ASS off the first 15-20 min after you get out of the Heater Body Suit. Best investment I have made for hunting. Period. Make sure you get one that is roomy. If it is tight in any way, you don't get the same results.