Left handed backcountry rifle in 6.5CM synthetic

Having a heck of a time finding one. Any suggestions from fellow left handed hunters? My dad has his FFL was trying to find a Tikka not much luck.

Sent from my SM-N915R4 using Tapatalk

NDGuy

WKR
Basically your options are limited to:

1. Tikka T3X
2. Savage 16
3. Ruger Hawkeye FTW (Laminate not synthetic)
4. Ruger American Predator (I just picked one up this year it's a shooter!)

Having a heck of a time finding one. Any suggestions from fellow left handed hunters? My dad has his FFL was trying to find a Tikka not much luck.

Sent from my SM-N915R4 using Tapatalk

Since there are NOT, a ton of "choices" for Lefty's, I went with, a Tikka T3, Stainless, Lite in .270 WSM Cal. and am really, happy with my "choice" as, the .270 Wizz'em is, a "LAZER", to 400 Yards and will kill Elk out to 600-700 if, "good" shot placement with, the 140 grain Accubond's at, 3,150 FPS. AND even further, if you like Berger 140-150 grain, Bullets. The .270 WSM, is really NICE if you Reload, due to it, can be loaded "down", to .270 Winchester Velocities or up, to 7mm Rem Mag Velocities ! A New T3, Stain Lite, L-H Rifles can be had for, $600-$650. My Gun, shoots Sub MOA repeatedly and weigh's 7.8 pounds with, a 4.5X14 Burris scope ! Don't forget, to replace, the Recoil Lug with a STEEL one, tho (about $25.00). And ADD, a LimbSaver, recoil Pad !
Sometimes, we Lefty's have to "settle", but I really LIKE, my T3, .270 WSM,.. Good luck !!

TeaGull

FNG
I have a LH Montana Rifle Co 260 Rem that I'm looking to sell. It's not a Creedmore, but it's a nice stick.

I'll second the left handed Ruger American Predator in 6.5 Creed. I purchased one a few months ago. With minimal load development it was my Go To rifle this season. Within a day it was easily ringing steel out to 793 yards. Not difficult to get sub MOA results with a 143 ELD-X. Light and Cheap. Go Beat It!

Find a cheap LH Tikka T3 and rebarrel it; there are plenty out there and then you can get the contour, length and twist that you want- or buy a Rem 700 LH Short Action and build the gun how you want it since you are looking for a lightweight mountain gun.

As a fellow lefty I feel your pain. I only own 1 LH rifle right now and is my .338wm that one day will go to Alaska. I'm in the process of building a LH R700. Selection is limited for us if you aren't willing to do at least a semi custom gun.

davsco

WKR
there are a dozen lefty tikka's on gunsamerica and 60+ on gunbroker, that's one brand that has a lot of inventory out there for us lefties.

davsco

WKR
also cooper has a "backcountry" rifle that can be special ordered in lefty, they make real nice stuff. i have a rem custom shop lefty 6.5creed on order.

I'll second the left handed Ruger American Predator in 6.5 Creed. I purchased one a few months ago. With minimal load development it was my Go To rifle this season. Within a day it was easily ringing steel out to 793 yards. Not difficult to get sub MOA results with a 143 ELD-X. Light and Cheap. Go Beat It!

I will third that. I just had my hands on one and I like it a lot. I also like my LH Savage Stealth 10 in 6.5

I'm on Whittaker's site a bit and this was the only lefty I could find.

Whittaker Guns
That rifle will do you very well. One thing I ve learned over the last 20 years is price is no indication of performance when it comes to Savage. I would buy that rifle.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Dobermann

WKR
Basically your options are limited to:

1. Tikka T3X
2. Savage 16
3. Ruger Hawkeye FTW (Laminate not synthetic)
4. Ruger American Predator (I just picked one up this year it's a shooter!)

There's also the new Sako 85 Finnlight II: 85 Finnlight 2 | SAKO

And Sako 85 Carbonlight: 85 Carbonlight | SAKO

I'm not sure the Savage 16 is still available (in LH, 6.5CM at least), but if we're including last year's models, there's also:

Browning X-Bolt All Weather (X-Bolt All Weather Left-Hand, although also laminate stock, like the Hawkeye FTW)

You also have the Savage Stealth 10 in 6.5 cr. It's a chassis rifle.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk