Liberty Safes Provides Access Codes to FBI

Status
Not open for further replies.

logan123

Lil-Rokslider
And just so it’s in the open, an iPhone takes less than 30 mins to crack anymore so you aren’t safe there either.
If a subpoena was requested that takes about 4 minutes to complete and some states only require a notary signature on those. Some people also keep things not protected under 2A in safes. Any safe company out there would have yielded its contents in a matter of minutes; lock smith, grinder or gaining the combo. The vast majority of people also provide the combo when asked to avoid damage. I think some are getting upset for a safe owner who may not even feel sold out by liberty. I’d send them a thank you letter when I got out that I came home to a working safe. And I do own a liberty.
Death by a thousand lashes, but at least your safe will be intact.

MattB

WKR
Wouldn’t they need another warrant to get into the safe that’s on the property? Anything they find in the safe would not hold up in the court of law without the proper documentation? 1/6..political prosecution.. idk…
No, they wouldn't. If they have a warrant to search the property and the safe is on the property, why do you think that they would need a separate warrant to search the contents of the safe?

People are working awfully hard to demonize Liberty.

fwafwow

WKR
Liberty was provided with a valid search warrant which is the requirement under company policy to provide that sort of information to law enforcement. The company stated it has refused numerous LE requests in the past when they were not provided a valid search warrant (which likewise aligns with company policy).

Are you suggesting that Liberty should have told the Feds to piss up a rope when presented with a search warrant and to go get a subpoena if they wanted the combination?

And the ATF is coming for your powder!

If it makes you angry, proceed with caution.

fwafwow

WKR
No, they wouldn't. If they have a warrant to search the property and the safe is on the property, why do you think that they would need a separate warrant to search the contents of the safe?

People are working awfully hard to demonize Liberty.
I have a FatBoy, and I’m going to put a smaller safe inside of it.

logan123

Lil-Rokslider
You talk like somebody that isnt getting a monthly check from .gov

Threads like this always make it pretty clear who is getting their money from the state.
Yeah. Funny all the back the blue guys don’t put much thought into who’s going to be at their door to collect.

logan123

Lil-Rokslider
And who will parrot whatever some conservative influencer tells them they should think. There are sheep on both sides and both are dangerous.
The guy telling you beware the government is the dangerous one?

Who’s being influenced again?

To quote the countless, “conservatives are the liberals of 10 years ago”.

This forum is my only social media outside my email. Thanks, try again.

wyogoat

WKR
Perhaps it’s not who is getting their checks from the state/gov it’s more those that have a clear understanding of the processes.
I know a few of the agents on that task force and they are good dudes. Guys that hunt and own guns and shoot. They aren’t out to oppress or infringe on anyone’s rights. It takes a lot to forcibly enter someone’s home and stand in their living room and go through that persons wife’s underwear drawer. That task force almost certainly has a U.S. Attorney assigned to review all paperwork to include warrants. I’m betting all T’s were crossed and in the event they weren’t then any evidence gained will be suppressed, which any decent attorney will try to do day 1. You’re seeing the same thing in the Idaho homicide case. It’s basic. Attack the evidence and how it was obtained.
I don’t know if Liberty provided the combo through a warrant submitted or a subpoena submitted or someone called and asked but the contents of that safe aren’t fruit of the poisonous tree so if the only issue is that Liberty provided the combo then any other safe company would have done the same thing at some point.
I think some are missing the forest for the trees here and likely by choice.

Perhaps it’s not who is getting their checks from the state/gov it’s more those that have a clear understanding of the processes.
I know a few of the agents on that task force and they are good dudes. Guys that hunt and own guns and shoot. They aren’t out to oppress or infringe on anyone’s rights. It takes a lot to forcibly enter someone’s home and stand in their living room and go through that persons wife’s underwear drawer. That task force almost certainly has a U.S. Attorney assigned to review all paperwork to include warrants. I’m betting all T’s were crossed and in the event they weren’t then any evidence gained will be suppressed, which any decent attorney will try to do day 1. You’re seeing the same thing in the Idaho homicide case. It’s basic. Attack the evidence and how it was obtained.
I don’t know if Liberty provided the combo through a warrant submitted or a subpoena submitted or someone called and asked but the contents of that safe aren’t fruit of the poisonous tree so if the only issue is that Liberty provided the combo then any other safe company would have done the same thing at some point.
I think some are missing the forest for the trees here and likely by choice.

Sure didnt deny it, lol.

Being an enforcer for the largest mob in the country isnt going to get much sympathy from me.

Arthas

FNG
I guess we will get to see how liberty safes policy is received by customers. It's great to know this policy so I and others can make informed decisions.

wyogoat

WKR
Make the same decision with your phones because they all submit to the same requests. Oh and your apps. All of them. They have to comply. Fort Knox would have done the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.