lightweight addiction

OP
60x

60x

WKR
MMM,

Yep always have kept my food in my shelter. What if you want a midnight snack? :D

Seriously though haven't had a problem and I especially don't worry once I have meat in camp, figure that will smell a lot better hanging in the alders or under a tarp somewhere than the backpacking food that is dry and bland.

Only incident was in 2011 on a sheep hunt Becca and I were on. We were about 8 miles in and packed a package of soft taco shells in for the Mountain House Wrap meals (likely my favorite mountain house meals). Anyways we left that camp setup and hiked 10 miles up the drainage to check out more areas for sheep, and we spiked out a night. By the time we got back that evening we found a ground squirrel had taken little nibbles out of every single one of those soft taco shells. I was ready to give the next ground squirrel I saw a 165 Accubond to eat next, but decided not to. We did however make a point of taking the time to find ground squirrel holes to pee in. Made me feel a little better inside.

See what I mean...evil they are.... Just look at their beady little eyes..;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 83

Snyd

WKR
My one heavy item that I love and just can't talk myself in to replacing. Hilleberg Tarra 4 season tent. 8 lbs 13 ozs of bomber, warm, 2 vestibule, free standing, storm safe, mountain bliss!

file_zpsbc4a2bcb.jpg

Well, and 1.5lbs of NorthPole Coffee Roasters Black Gold is just right for 2 guys for a week+. MSR Reactor makes coffee on the mtn quick and easy :D Forget the instant or the coffee bags. Sheep Hunting is supposed to be fun :D

file_zpscdbfae1f.jpg

Handgun Hunting! Been working on it. Here's my rig. SBH Bisley Hunter 45 Colt. 1 of 392 produced. 2x Weaver. Packed it in the Brooks last year. Could closet the gap below 277yds so partner shot the ram with his 270.

file_zps54d66a60.jpg

Wrist rest, first 2 on left. Settled in and shot the cloverleaf.

100ydSBH_02.jpg