Marmot Tents vs other brands

rammin79

FNG
Anybody have any opinions or reviews on any 2 person Marmot Tents for spike camping? I am currently thinking about the Tungsten.

68Plexi

WKR
I use the Tungsten 2P UL. Great tent. I had a regular Tungsten 1P, but it was really tight for me at 5’11” and is basically the same weight as the 2p UL. Way more room in the 2P for gear, changing or a buddy depending on the trip. Haven’t had a heavy shower in it yet so I can’t speak to that aspect, but it’s a lot more solid than I initially expected and has held up to some pretty strong wind just fine. I camp in the Sierra Nevada’s June - Oct for reference. Can be 80 degrees or snowing.

They (most Marmot tents) are on sale pretty regularly on SteepandCheap. I picked the 1P up on Craigslist so they can be found used as well. Originally was looking at Nemo and Big Agnes, but I couldn’t pass up the Marmot sale. Very happy with it. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geewhiz

WKR
I have a limelite 2 and really like it. I have used it for 3 or 4 years as it has held up to everything I have asked of it. The bent poles make it significantly more roomy than a typical 2 pole x pattern tent. It’s not super ultra light weight but i also didn’t have to sell a kidney to get it.

Another thing I have grown to really like about that tent is that the tent itself is completely mesh with the obvious exception of the floor, so when condensation forms, it forms on the inside of the fly, not the tent, so you don’t get wet brushing up against he mesh. I do wish it wasn’t bright orange though..