Missouri Ozarks Rokslide Rally & Turkey Hunt

OP
Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
*UPDATE*

Looks like there will be 8 for sure, probably more if some get off the fence, lol! Well, off the fence in the right direction...

Saturday afternoon/evening will be the highlight of the event. If you're on the fence and can't commit to the entire weekend, come out for Saturday. Bring your spouse/significant other/life partner and or hunting buddy. It will be a good time. We'll have some food for the group, some odd and end gear set up to check out, an archery target or three for some friendly pissin contests, plenty of story tellin and whatever else. There are lots of trails nearby and we'll be set up right next to the Niangua River if you want to fish.

Lookin forward to it!

OP
Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
The turkeys are getting very active. Not seeing the numbers that I used to see around here, but there's enough to hunt! Some gobbling early, not full bore yet, but its comin on fast. Gonna be a good weekend to get together.

Saturday, the 26th, is going to be a good time! Lots of people coming that day to check out gear. Will have gear on hand from Kifaru, Warbonnet Outdoors, a Heads Up turkey decoy and some Havalon knives. Bring your own stuff as well! Always good to compare/contrast.

I and a few others will be camping Friday & Saturday night and will be the last to pull out on Sunday. If you're coming to camp, plan for yourself, but there will be chicken legs grillin and probably fish fryin on Saturday night for those stickin around for a while.

As mentioned, call me if y'all need to.

Last edited:

Sooner

Lil-Rokslider
Wish I was able to come up. Working every other weekend sucks sometimes. I'll be headed out to chase Turkey's in the morning. Hope you guys have a great time.

Browtine

WKR
Sounds like a good time! Wish I could make it, but heading west on Thursday for our annual trip on the Green. Hope you have a good turnout and more midwest rallies get put together.

cwoodyt87

FNG
The turkeys are getting very active. Not seeing the numbers that I used to see around here, but there's enough to hunt! Some gobbling early, not full bore yet, but its comin on fast. Gonna be a good weekend to get together.

Saturday, the 26th, is going to be a good time! Lots of people coming that day to check out gear. Will have gear on hand from Kifaru, Warbonnet Outdoors, and a Heads Up turkey decoy. Bring you're own stuff as well! Always good to compare/contrast.

I and a few others will be camping Friday & Saturday night and will be the last to pull out on Sunday. If you're coming to camp, plan for yourself, but there will be chicken legs grillin and probably fish fryin on Saturday night for those stickin around for a while.

As mentioned, call me if y'all need to.

Good to hear that they are at least talkin'! Pumped about the meet-up - anyone on the fence should definitely join in!

Not sure if we are going to arrive Friday night or Saturday - it's a decent drive for my buddy and I, so it may be a game-time decision. Definitely will be there Saturday at the latest - I'll shoot you a call or text closer to the meet-up and confirm if you need me to bring anything (sides, condiments, charcoal, a shotgun because you dropped yours in the river).

OP
Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds great guys.

Sooner- See ya next trip!

Browtine- I told ya once man, you can keep that talk of fishin the Green to yourself! lol, good luck man

Woody- we won't have signal down there, just follow the main road all the way to the river. That's where we'll be. Come Friday night to hunt Sat. morning! Doubt we'll need any sides/condiments. Meat should be good enough alone for anyone there. If I drop my gun or bow in the river, by God I'm goin in after it!

River Rat- thanks for pitchin in!

Everybody good on directions and what-not?

OP
Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
Forgot to mention: I was up there this morning and located 15 to 20 separate toms gobbling.

MOcluck

Lil-Rokslider
Birds are booming and they are not shy about showing off in the feilds. The rally's gettin close Ican't stand it. The bad thing is it seems like work is draggin on. I need to get in the woods!

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am unfortunately going to be unable to make it. My wife and I just found out we're expecting again and therefore have been some unexpected doctor bills.

I have been hearing and seeing turkey everywhere so you guys should have a blast.

OP
Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
l2h -Congrats to you and your family! Rest assured, this won't be the last Ozarks Rally!

cwoodyt87

FNG
I am unfortunately going to be unable to make it. My wife and I just found out we're expecting again and therefore have been some unexpected doctor bills.

I have been hearing and seeing turkey everywhere so you guys should have a blast.

Congrats on the good news! My friend can't make it either, but I will still be there.

Sooner

Lil-Rokslider
I wish I didn't have to work this weekend. I'm headed out in the morning to hunt Arkansas birds. Hopefully we get on one. Good luck to you guys!

cwoodyt87

FNG
Today's the day, gentlemen! Anyone on the fence should DEFINITELY come out, even if just for Saturday afternoon/evening. Should be a great time. I'll be pulling in probably around 6ish. Bringing the bow and some fishing gear as well.

Also, bringing an MSR Dragonfly stove for anyone that's looking into a new stove and wants to test one out - pretty neat stove, but I gotta say I do not use it to it's fullest potential. Mine is a few years old, but judging by the current modle, it doesn't appear anything has changed.