MTN Ops 90 day challenge

I'm starting the mountain ops 90 day challenge on Monday. I'm pretty excited and looking forward to it. I don't have to travel for work until April 7, so I will have the first 30 days home where I can control my eating and exercise better.

Looking forward to losing about 20-30 pounds and getting stronger and better conditioned.

For those of you that have done the 90 challenge, how were the workouts and food plans? I need to setup my challenege account tomorrow, so I haven't seen any of the program yet.

Good luck. I need to do some serious training myself. I'm 32 and in terrible shape. I'm not overweight but just not in good cardio shape.

OP
B
Thanks aclawrence, dive in and start the challenge!

For those of you that have done the Renu cleanse product, how was it? Should I plan on staying around a toilet, or is it pretty tame?

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks aclawrence, dive in and start the challenge!

For those of you that have done the Renu cleanse product, how was it? Should I plan on staying around a toilet, or is it pretty tame?

It's tame. Lol. But when you have to go, you HAVE to go!

ethan

WKR
Any updates on the challenge? I read they recommend doing the renu "cleanse" for a month before you start dieting. I usually eat pretty decently, but have been taking the renu and the multivitamin for a couple weeks now. (Haven't had too many "run for the can" moments yet, it's been pretty gentle!)

I'm curious as to how it's been going for you, i'm planning on doing the challenge in a couple of weeks.

OP
B
Any updates on the challenge? I read they recommend doing the renu "cleanse" for a month before you start dieting. I usually eat pretty decently, but have been taking the renu and the multivitamin for a couple weeks now. (Haven't had too many "run for the can" moments yet, it's been pretty gentle!)

I'm curious as to how it's been going for you, i'm planning on doing the challenge in a couple of weeks.

I planned to start Monday, but I have to say, I am a little disappointed in MTN ops. I placed my order last Tuesday morning, but in looking at the tracking, the order didn't make it to the post office until Thursday or Friday ( can't recall exactly), so it's not even set to arrive until Monday when the postman comes around, which is usually around 3-4pm for me. They are in Utah and I am in Colorado, so I certanly didn't expect it to take that long.

To make matters worse, I setup my account for the challenege, but can't login. It's almost like the website is screwed up, or maybe it's me... I put in my user name and password and the page refreshes and just takes me back to the login screen. It doesn't say login failed, wrong username/password, or anything like that. So, I called them and the message says they are at a show somewhere, so maybe that's part of the delay in getting the order. I have to call them tomorrow morning to get my login straightened out.

Long story short, I guess I'll be starting Tuesday instead of Monday.

I have started my diet and cut out all booze, so I am feeling much better already after a 5-6 days of clean eating and working out.

I will certainly let you know how it goes after the first couple of days.

OP
B
My package from MTN OPS just arrived. Everything looks good - packaged well, pretty clear instructions on each container.

May plan starting tomorrow will look like this...of course, I am sure each day will be different depending on what I have going on.

-1 capsule Blaze, 2 capsules of Renu, and 1 scoop of Enduro first thing in the morning
-30 mins later I will either eat a real breakfast, or have a scoop of Ammo
-Workout 1 hr after taking the supplements
-Post workout drink of whey protein or the Ammo (depending on if I had Ammo for bfast or not)
-A real meal 45 min-1 hour later post workout
-1 capsule of Blaze with lunch 2-3 hours after my post workout meal

ethan

WKR
Glad you got your stuff, i've received mine in the mail in decent time. Looking forward to the updates!

OP
B
Took everything yesterday and felt great. I am sure some of it was placebo, but I did 10 extra minutes of cardio that I wasn't planning on and still had energy to bang out a good chest and shoulder workout.

I am really pleased with the blaze and renu. I HATE taking pills. They usually give me a funny taste in my mouth and you end up burping up something nasty if you don't eat something after taking them, etc. Both the blaze and the renu were easy on my stomach yesterday and so far this morning.

The endro and Ammo both taste pretty decent. The enduro tastes just like any other fruit flavored supplement. The ammo to me has a unique taste...almost like vanilla oatmeal. I would describe it as kind of earthy or something like that. I like it though.

My only issue has been getting logged into my conquer challenge account. I called MTN Ops yesterday and they said they were doing some website maintenance and that was likely the issue. So, until I can get logged in I am just eating clean, drinking lots of water, and doing my own workouts.

Is anyone else having issues logging into their challenge account on MTN Ops?

ethan

WKR
What exactly do you log in for? Is it a daily diet, wod, ...? Just curious, but it sounds interesting.

OP
B
What exactly do you log in for? Is it a daily diet, wod, ...? Just curious, but it sounds interesting.

Yep, they are supposed to give you a daily meal plan to follow to a "T" and workouts. I understand food and exercise very well, so doing it on my own isn't an issue, but I really wanted to follow the program for 90 days to a "T" and see what happened. Unfortunately, I may miss a week or so...depending on how long it takes them to fix the website issues for me to get logged in. So, right now, I don't even have a clue what the program looks like.

OP
B
Did a 6.5 mile hike today. Took the Enduro, Renu and 1 dose of blaze when I woke up, then had a good bfast (ham omelet loaded with veggies and avocado). Took the other Blaze and a serving of Ammo about 30 mins before hitting the trail. Had great energy all day. Probably some placebo, but I hammered through 6.5 miles in 2:20mins. I only stopped for a min or two here and there. GPS showed an actual moving time of 2:01.

Day two of no problems, no side effects/jitters/crashing.

OP
B
This morning was humbling. I am going to start doing a fit test every friday morning to evaluate the improvement in my fitness level.

I modified the fit tests that are on train to hunt a little to fit my workout schedule and to be completed a little faster. Here is what I am going to do every friday:
Run 10 mins @ 2% incline for distance
10 mins as many step-ups as you can do
2 mins as many pushups as you can do
2 mins as many sit-ups as you can do
*2 min rest between each station = 30 total minutes to complete

Man, I didn't think I was this out of shape! I was sweating like a pig when I was done!

Here is what I did this morning.
Run: 1.21 mi
Step-up: 131
Push-ups (was disappointed here...as the weight comes off I'm sure I will improve): 30
Sit-up (not surprising, I never do sit-ups): 32

I will use a formula to calculate "total points" every friday to evaluate my fitness level.
(distance ran x 100)+(total step-ups)+(total pushups)+(total sit-ups)
today looked like this
(1.21 x 100)+(131)+(30)+(32) = 310

My goal will be to get to 400+ points on the fit test over the next 12 weeks during the 90 day challenge.

And....still can't log into the MTN Ops challenge....that is starting to become really disappointing.

ethan

WKR
I feel your pain Brightwhite, I started crossfit one month ago. It's fun, but a kick in the pants and a sure way to tell how "not as good a shape as you think you are"! Keep up the hard work!

OP
B
It's been one week since I started the MTN Ops supplements. I weighed myself this morning like I always do (first thing in the morning after my restroom pit stop) and I lost 6.2 pounds last week. Sweet!

I took a rest day on Thursday where I only stretched and took the dog on a walk. Outside of that, I logged just over 17 miles of cardio (6.5 was a long hike) and got in a good blend of weight training and core work.

Still no side effects or anything negative to say about the MTN Ops products. I feel great, have great energy, and seem to certainly have more of a desire to eat healthier and log more cardio, versus having to constantly having to fight the struggle to eat the right things and workout longer. Yesterday morning I wasn't feeling like doing anything, but I got my a$$ up and took my endure, blaze, and renu, then went to my gym and started stretching, ended up on the treadmill for a 2 mile run and a good chest and shoulder workout. The stuff makes me feel great.

Still can't get into the conquer challenge, so I am going to call them back again right now.

ethan

WKR
Like I said, I've been using the RENU and the multi-vitamins for about a month. I've ordered the 30 day weight loss combo, but I can't log in either. Sounds like your doing good, keep up the good work!

rpeebles

FNG
I've had the same issues with the website and delivery of product. I really like the product, just wish they would get some of the other details worked out. Maybe just some growing pains for them.