MTN Ops 90 day challenge

Clarktar

WKR
Reading the website diet plan they say to eat a lunch, but can you just use the AMMO to replace lunch? I figured I would eat a breakfast, and I am generally not a AM snack guy, so I would skip that, then eat the AMMO for lunch. Is this not recommended? I could just eat the AMMO for the AM snack and have a lunch.....

OP
B
Brightwhite no worries! The Mtn Ops Drop Zone is good for all purchases from May 1st 2015 to June 30th 2015 so everything you bought before we launched it has already been entered in as entries. We have been so slammed trying to get everything ready for the Drop Zone that I haven't been able to answer a lot of questions so I will go back through the thread and answer everyones questions. Keep up the good work! It is inspiring to see your dedication!

Awesome! Thanks for the clarification!

OP
B
Reading the website diet plan they say to eat a lunch, but can you just use the AMMO to replace lunch? I figured I would eat a breakfast, and I am generally not a AM snack guy, so I would skip that, then eat the AMMO for lunch. Is this not recommended? I could just eat the AMMO for the AM snack and have a lunch.....

I don't know how big you are, but that plan sounds like you wouldn't be getting enough calories at all. Ammo is only 140 calories. I need to eat at least 2k calories per day and based on my basal metabolic rate, that should still be a -1k deficiency, which is about a 2 pound/week weightloss in theory.

Here is an example of a day of eating for me...keep in mind that I am 6' 230 pounds as I sit here today...so we may be way off in size and you may need to eat more or less.

Wake up:blaze, Enduro, ammo
Breakfast 30 mins later: 20+ grams of protein, some sort of fat included (avocado, or oils added when cooking), no carbs whatsoever!
Pre workout: Yeti and lots of water
Post workout/AM snack: ammo or protein and greens (salad, spinach, or broccoli)
Lunch: protein and fat (something like chicken, avacado, and black beans with salsa)
Pm snack: protein and greens (salad, spinach, or broccoli)
Dinner: protein, fat, and greens

I get all of my fat from avacado, coconut oil, macadamia nut oil, and things like that. I personally can't keep peanut butter, almonds, or any other nuts in the house...I'm to tempted to eat to much of them. I try to never have carbs after lunch, and if I can, I never eat them at all. No dairy either...no milk or cheese for me. It works for me, but may not for others.

As you can see, unless you are eating huge breakfasts and dinners, you probably can't afford to just have a serving of ammo (140 calories and 19 grams of protein) for lunch. You need to eat otherwise you will starve and be uncomfortable, but your body will also shut down and will be tempted to hold onto the weight versus shed it. It sounds backwards, but you do need to eat more to lose more...eat clean foods to lose more I should say...no junk!

OP
B
I'm interested in the 90 day challenge for weight loss. How hungry where you for the first few weeks.

Not hungry at all. It is surprising how much you can fill your diet with broccoli, spinich, greens, and other low calorie foods that fill you up. I can have a chicken breast with a huge salad with black beans on it and be stuffed for hours and only have 300-350 calories in the meal.

Ammo is quite filling as well for only having 140 cals in it. The blaze will suppres your appetite and you'll have to force yourself to eat at times...at least I do.

Clarktar

WKR
Interesting, I thought the AMMO was a meal replacement though..... they say you can use it for breakfast, so why cant you use it for lunch?

I generally have a fruit smoothie that has a cup of greek nonfat yogurt in it (15+ grams protein) and I toss in some protein power (20grams). Then I usually have 1 cup of oats (complex carb). That sets me up for my morning. I generally eat all of that after my 3 mile jog. Before the job I take the renu and blaze and enduro.

For lunch I was just going to go with the AMMO, along with blaze.

Then we usually have a good dinner, some sort of meat (fish, elk or deer) then a big salad.
Im 6' 212 right now, but I would love to get back to 190

OP
B
Interesting, I thought the AMMO was a meal replacement though..... they say you can use it for breakfast, so why cant you use it for lunch?

I generally have a fruit smoothie that has a cup of greek nonfat yogurt in it (15+ grams protein) and I toss in some protein power (20grams). Then I usually have 1 cup of oats (complex carb). That sets me up for my morning. I generally eat all of that after my 3 mile jog. Before the job I take the renu and blaze and enduro.

For lunch I was just going to go with the AMMO, along with blaze.

Then we usually have a good dinner, some sort of meat (fish, elk or deer) then a big salad.
Im 6' 212 right now, but I would love to get back to 190

Yes, it is marketed as a meal replacement. It does have protein, fat (flax seed), vitamins and minerals, and a few servings of veggies in a single scoop. But, at the end of the day it is 140 calories. Now you could ADD those 140 calories to your diet by adding a shake and giving your body ADDITIONAL nutrition....or....what you are talking about doing is REMOVING lunch and replacing it with a 140 calorie supplement. For math purposes, lets say you are eating a 1,500 calories a day. If you add Ammo your intake will bump to 1,640 total calories a day, or you could go from 1,500 per day to 1,140 per day (removing a 500 calorie lunch and replacing it with ammo nets you a loss of 360 calories).

Now, I am no expert, and I hope Mtn Ops chimes in...or give them a call and talk to them about it. But, I personally think the only way Ammo is a true meal replacement would be if you are grossly ingesting hundreds and hundreds of calories a day and you need to drink Ammo to stop you from eating a 1,500 calories lunch at Chilies or Applebees. I view Ammo as more of a "snack replacement" to be used post workout, between meals, when you are on the go and need some nutrition but don't have time for a full meal...things like that.

If I look at what you outlined above for your meal plan I don't think you can afford to skip lunch like that. Are the oats that you eat 1 cup cooked, or 1 cup raw? That would make a big difference in calorie count. I will assume that its 1 cup raw...if so, if you skip lunch and supplement it with Ammo I see you meals about like this:

Breakfast: 750 calories
Lunch (ammo): 140 calores
Dinner: lets assume 12 oz of venison, a huge salad, and 200 calories from salad dressing...thats only 400-450 calories.
TOTAL = 1,340 calories a day you're eating

at 6' 212, your BMR is around 2k calories. That means you're going to burn 2k calories per day if you literally lie in bed and don't even sneeze or change the channel on the TV. If you are only eating 1300-1500 calories per day you are already at a 500-700 calorie defeciency. Then you said you go for a 3 mile jog...depending on intensity you're probably burning around 100 calories per mile, so 300 calories roughly. Then every time you walk around your house, your office, get out of a chair, go get groceries, walk up stairs, go to the bathroom, get cold and start shivering...you get the point...you burn more calories. All of that puts you at a deep calorie deficiency.

Based on what you told me you need to eat more, not less. I would add the ammo between breakfast and lunch, eat a normal lunch, then add another 300 calorie meal between lunch and dinner. I would strive for a minimum of 2k calories per day to meet your BMR, then all of the other calories you burn through exercise and daily activity will contribute to the deficiency and weight loss. But, hey, everyone is different.

deadwolf

WKR
I have a question for you guys about the Blaze. I have never had good luck with ANY pre-workout supplements that are designed to give you a boost prior to throwing some weights around. Muscle Pharm Assault literally made me break out in red splotches and get itchy as hell and sent my heart rate up as though I was already working out! Jack3d (which I would advise anyone against) did the same thing. Maybe I have a bit of a sensitvity to those type supplements. I'm wondering if the Blaze might give me a similar reaction? I realize that the YETI is MTN OPS preworkout supplement, but I'm curous if the Blaze, which seems to be like a fat burner, has caused any of you guys any side effects? I just ordered up some Renu and Enduro, but will add the Blaze if you guys green light it.

Thanks, Matt

OP
B
I have a question for you guys about the Blaze. I have never had good luck with ANY pre-workout supplements that are designed to give you a boost prior to throwing some weights around. Muscle Pharm Assault literally made me break out in red splotches and get itchy as hell and sent my heart rate up as though I was already working out! Jack3d (which I would advise anyone against) did the same thing. Maybe I have a bit of a sensitvity to those type supplements. I'm wondering if the Blaze might give me a similar reaction? I realize that the YETI is MTN OPS preworkout supplement, but I'm curous if the Blaze, which seems to be like a fat burner, has caused any of you guys any side effects? I just ordered up some Renu and Enduro, but will add the Blaze if you guys green light it.

Thanks, Matt

I like the blaze in, it doesn't make me jittery or weird, but I don't know that I would say it gives me a huge boost of pre workout energy like the yeti does. You will feel it, but it's more sustained over time. Wouldn't hurt to try it I don't think.

deadwolf

WKR
Copy that Brightwhite, thanks. That's what I'm looking for, don't like the jittery feeling from the preworkout stuff, so the Blaze seems good to go!

Frosty82

WKR
Thanks to you guys I got a package in the mail today! But I have a question that I am hoping one of you guys can answer for me since I won't be hearing from MTN Ops until Monday. I ordered the 90 day Trail Blazer Combo but only received a 30 day supply in the mail today. Is that normal? DO they really ship each month separately? Thanks for any help.

Nateinia

Lil-Rokslider
Same here. Package just came (ordered 10 days ago) and I went to log in but do not see where to do that. Hopefully they get it going sooner than later.

PMcGee

WKR
Thanks to you guys I got a package in the mail today! But I have a question that I am hoping one of you guys can answer for me since I won't be hearing from MTN Ops until Monday. I ordered the 90 day Trail Blazer Combo but only received a 30 day supply in the mail today. Is that normal? DO they really ship each month separately? Thanks for any help.
I got my 90 day supply all at once.

OP
B
90 Days complete as of yesterday!

I weighed in this morning and I lost 27 pounds during the 90 days. I am happy with that, but I could have done better I think.

When I am home I have been doing great, but I started a new job 3 weeks ago that has had me on the road traveling all of the world since I first started, which makes it really tough to stay on track, so the last few weeks were rough. I have been doing my best to bring along my supplements, protein powder, keeping some almonds and beef jerky in my bag for long flights so I avoid the horrible food on the plane, and also sticking to fish and veggies for dinner versus the steak and potatoes that I would have ordered in the past. I'm not new to traveling by any means, I just never went very far out of my way to avoid things and stay healthy.

I am continuing my slow motion training getting in sessions 1-2x per week. I feel stronger, leaner, and healthier. I think there really is something to this program where you avoid injuries and train with less stress on your body (just really stressing your muscle fiber). I haven't gotten a body fat analysis done, but I am quite confident that even with 27 pounds lost, I probably gained some lean mass. My weights have been increasing rapidly as well - some things are going up as fast as 10% or more each time I do that exercise.

I have been working in cardio (walking at an incline, or running) whenever I can, but I have really been focusing on diet and recovery more than volume of work.

Today I started my next round of 90 days, so I started back with the Renu, blaze, Ammo, Enduro, and I have added Yeti on workout days, and the Ox as well. I really like the Ox, I feel like it has boosted my sex drive and overall I started feeling more vibrant when I started taking it. Maybe placebo, maybe not...who knows.

My goal in the next 90 days is to drop a minimum of 18 pounds or better. With 18 pounds gone I would be at 210 and I think that would set me up for success considering my travel schedule and what I have ahead of me with my new job. If I knew I could be home more, I would set the bar higher, but even a pound a week might be a challenge.

Looks like mtn ops still hasn't gotten the diet and exercise plans up on the site yet. I also keep waiting for some pre-packaged protein servings and maybe some other stuff like bars - which would really help a road warrior like myself.

How is everyone else doing?

Take-a-knee

Banned
I also keep waiting for some pre-packaged protein servings and maybe some other stuff like bars - which would really help a road warrior like myself.

How is everyone else doing?

Congrats on shedding 27#. IMO, loosing more than that in 90 days is too fast.

MetRx bars (400cal) and the Cliff Builder bars both have the desired 30/30/40 macronutrient split. If you don't want pre-packaged you can make your own "Paleo-Kits" with jerky, dried fruit and nuts. Sounds like you are taking your time and doing it right.

IrishnId

WKR
Just started a 30 day Weight loss challenge yesterday. Thanks for all the tips. Still not much dietary info on the challenge site.

OP
B
Hey everyone, it's been a long while. My work schedule has been crazy and the travel has been brutal.

Good news to report! Even with livimg on an airplane and eating out 12-15 meals a week, I am still down -35 pounds. I will say that I have slacked off a bit over the last 30 days and did more drinking then I care to admit, but I've been back on track for about a week now and feel great.

I am still taking the mtn ops blaze, ox, and ammo. I gave up on the endure and yeti - it was just becoming too much to keep up with taking all of that on the road with me. I did order some of the new magnum protein this week to try it out, along with a new bottle of renu ( going to do the cleanse again). I would still like to drop another 20 pounds or so, so I'm hoping that my renewed efforts will get me over the hump. Still I am super pumped that I've been able to maintain and even lose a little since my last post.

All in all, I am happy with mountain ops. The blaze is still the only fat burner I have ever taken that doesn't make me sick and jittery and the ammo has me converted...all other proteins taste like crap to me now. The stuff my wife takes is so sweet compared to ammo.

Floorguy

WKR
So for the challenge do you get an email daily for the meal plan and the workouts or do you get the entire plan when you start? For the fitness program what equipment is required? I will probably be emailing them but figured I would ask here as well to hear how it was for people that actually did it.