New Mexico elk outfitters?

tacrispy

FNG
I have used Blue Mountain Outfitters owned by Bob Atwood. Great guy, down to earth and will tell you like it is. Great setup and amenities and we really enjoyed the area. Just my two cents. The bull quality seemed great in what we saw and the quantity of bulls and cows were great. We did the second week bow hunt. With NM it is either you get a tag or you don't. Now Bob does have guaranteed tags but those are for private land hunts which usually do cost a bit more.
I was curious to see what unit you have hunted with Bob? I am headed to NM this year for archery elk hunt with his outfit.

I could give you the name of the Outfitter I use. He is in that price range, but it does not include lodging or meals. Stay in a motel in Chama 10 miles from the ranch, and pay for your own meals. Private Ranch with landowner Bull Tags, guided 2 hunters per guide. I have hunted with him for 29 years. Problem is, trying to hash out a price now for the 2022 season might be hard to do, with him not knowing his cost for the landowner tags in 2022.
New on here, usually just catching up and gaining information so can't PM yet, I always had wyoming unit 7 on my mind so sitting on 9 points now there. Looks like point creep is going to get to me anywhere i want to go. So looking hard at new mexico in the next couple years. Would you mind sharing PM me if you can the outfitter you have been using for 29 years ?

New on here, usually just catching up and gaining information so can't PM yet, I always had wyoming unit 7 on my mind so sitting on 9 points now there. Looks like point creep is going to get to me anywhere i want to go. So looking hard at new mexico in the next couple years. Would you mind sharing PM me if you can the outfitter you have been using for 29 years ?
This original post is 2 1/2 years old. My info has changed. My tried and true outfitter lost the ranch he had been leasing, so I have since changed outfitters, but still hunt the same area. I hunted with the new one last year 2021, and had no luck. I am up here right now, and start hunting Saturday the 29th. I will get back to you and let you know how it works out. By then you should have the required number of posts to PM. I could give you the info of the old outfitter, but he didn't have enough hunts for his regular returning clients. Hoping he can find some new leases, but they are harder and harder to find these days. I will be in touch.

This original post is 2 1/2 years old. My info has changed. My tried and true outfitter lost the ranch he had been leasing, so I have since changed outfitters, but still hunt the same area. I hunted with the new one last year 2021, and had no luck. I am up here right now, and start hunting Saturday the 29th. I will get back to you and let you know how it works out. By then you should have the required number of posts to PM. I could give you the info of the old outfitter, but he didn't have enough hunts for his regular returning clients. Hoping he can find some new leases, but they are harder and harder to find these days. I will be in touch.
thank you. Sorry been awhile since i go on

cowboy11

FNG
I could give you the name of the Outfitter I use. He is in that price range, but it does not include lodging or meals. Stay in a motel in Chama 10 miles from the ranch, and pay for your own meals. Private Ranch with landowner Bull Tags, guided 2 hunters per guide. I have hunted with him for 29 years. Problem is, trying to hash out a price now for the 2022 season might be hard to do, with him not knowing his cost for the landowner tags in 2022.
Who do you use?

Who do you use?
Cowboy11, please read my reply above (#23). This thread is almost 4 years old, lots has changed, prices have at least doubled, and the available ranches in the area are zero. Unless you want to hunt Chama Land and Cattle they start around $15,000. Not sure about the Quinlan where I hunted years ago with the Quinlan brothers (Brad & Brian). That Ranch was sold quite a few years ago, and hunts there start now at around $12,000, or that was the price last season (2022).
No good deals anymore, sorry. Elk hunting and private landowner tags are a money maker. Good Luck in your search.