New Mexico Feral Cattle GILA tag

wavygravy

FNG
How does that work? If they arent owned / branded or protected, can I go and harvest one? Seems like a no brainer way to fill the freezer. I spoke to a cowboy out there that used to get paid by the state to round them up, some would live to tell the tale, others would die because they were so wild and couldnt handle being tied up.

So are they canceling or putting hold all forest leases? And giving dead line to remove cattle?

Last edited:
Does not seem like a good use of tax payer money to gun down unbranded cattle from a helicopter.
Maybe they should offer limited archery tags to certain WKR‘s so they can practice their archery skills on larger targets first…#OIL Bovine #BOAL

What camo pattern would be most effective for hunting these wild cattle?

Also what FOC% do I need for cattle?

I'm new to New Mexico cattle hunting and just need some help where to hunt...I'm not looking for someone's honey hole just a couple spots to start. PM is fine.

ChrisA

WKR
I would imagine you'd want a very quick sear then pull off grill at rare or med-rare or you'll end up with whang leather. Guessing they're not gonna grade select or better.

WCB

WKR
I have rancher friends and they are squared away and realistic...but WTF do ranchers just b!tch about everything? You know this program is going on...move your cattle. Also, if there are unbranded cattle wouldn't they be taking feed from your cows if they are grazed on the same pasture? Wouldn't you want them gone?

If they are using them to supplement their herd (catch and brand them periodically) then get at it and catch as many as you can.