New Pack Opinions

I currently have a kifaru bikini frame, Exo 3500 bag (just received), Mystery Ranch Longbow bag and Kuiu Ultra 1800 bag. All of the bags work well on the kifaru frame with minor hardware changes or mods. I also ran a MR daypack lid on my Kifaru Nomad bag. Truthfully the Kuiu doest seem as nice as the Exo, Mr and Kifaru stuff but will make a great organizational pouch since it is 9oz as I'll never use it as a stand alone bag.

Currently my favorite is the MR Longbow bag on my bikini frame. Oh and I also have a hill people gear bag and various pockets that I have used but in the end I still like the longbow with a grab it.

So yup it is easy to mix and match diff mfg items to try and find what works for you.

I'd love to have tried a mr6500 on a bikini

I'll be the lone dissenter here and say that my experience with EXO has been much different, CS has been great, I know they're running behind but that is to be expected with the launch of any new company.

The bag and frame itself are great, I really like mine. It holds a lot of gear and handles weight really well..

Kifaru is obviously a great product and you can see in this thread alone their level of customer service, however to me its not worth the extra money to have someone talk to me on the phone...(and that's not a bash at all)

So far I've talked to someone on the phone at Kifaru everytime I've called, unlike when I called EXO. I've talked to them twice in the multiple times I've called. A phone call is the next best thing you can get from a company trying to help you decide on a pack if you can't get there to try it on. Just my opinion.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
HuntHarder,

I've been absent for a while (lots of hunting), but I work for Kifaru as well and can answer any questions you have.

This year I was lucky enough to spend a couple months in the Northwest Territories and was able to put heavy abuse on Kifaru, Stone Glacier, Exo, Mystery Ranch and barney's packs.

You will find good and bad things about all of the packs listed above, but some things will stand out more on each model (not all of them are good things).

If you want me to give you the run down on each one, here's my # 720-937-1418

KHNC

WKR
Well I just upgraded from an eberlestock J34 to a Paradox Unaweep 4800Ci. As far as im concerned, its fkn awesome!! I put a 70lb sandbag in it the day it arrived and could comfortably move with it no problem. Not one bit of stress on my shoulders at all! I leave for Wyoming Thursday morning. I have it all packed and ready to go. Waterproof and under 3lbs ,you hardly even notice it when wearing. www.seekoutside.com it also easily fits your parameters of under 600.00

my exo 5500 handled 2 critters well. 100ish pounds twice. keep a scale in my truck just because i like to know. had zero shoulder pain, all hips. any pack with a 100 pounds in the mountains sucks imop. i think some of the straps should be longer and wider on the exo system. i also would like a larger lid on the exo. sold my kifaru befor the season so cant speak for it other than i wished the duplex frame was shorter, at least that is how my body felt with it on. could not get it off my arss...... there is plenty of adjustment on the exo and it is a simple pack to adjust in the field or home. there are pluses and minuses to both systems just like anything out there.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I'll be the lone dissenter here and say that my experience with EXO has been much different, CS has been great, I know they're running behind but that is to be expected with the launch of any new company.

The bag and frame itself are great, I really like mine. It holds a lot of gear and handles weight really well..

Kifaru is obviously a great product and you can see in this thread alone their level of customer service, however to me its not worth the extra money to have someone talk to me on the phone...(and that's not a bash at all)

Have you used one? I feel that they are well worth the money when you're miles from the trailhead with a heavy load. The customer service is great and the product is top notch as well.

Much more to it than a phone call. Most companies will help you with the purchase of their product. Kifaru will not only help you with your purchase but also after the fact with any changes or help you may need.

Hey Justin do you mean EXO? If so yes I have one, the 3500.

Aaron did you have any issues with the EXO? What was your thoughts on it?

I'm definitely not as experienced as some of the other members here but I've been more than impressed with my Kifaru packs (and accessories) and their CS has been outstanding. I've always spoken w/a person when I call and had the pleasure of stopping by the shop last week to get some help with pack fitting. The entire crew appears to genuinely care about the gear and take pride in making sure the customers are taken care of. All of my kifaru pieces interchange well making my gear very versatile for any situation. Craftsmanship of the products have been excellent so far and I look forward to expanding my collection.

Obi-wanshinobi

Lil-Rokslider
I would try a Kifaru or SG first. Reason being they both have very good re-sale value so you wouldn't lose much to try one of their packs.

WestDan

Lil-Rokslider
im partial to stone glacier because I run the 5100, but I don't really think you can go wrong with kifaru or stone glacier. just pick one that looks like it suits your needs or call CS at either place and walk through what you are looking for.

_Nick_

WKR
i keep refraining from saying this but man, are you guys serious with the exo compared to kifaru? it seemed like a well made, thought out pack. but with the waistbelt and the 45lbs i tried it with, i would not want a full load on it...

This was exactly my experience. The belt on the EXO was seriously lacking in comfort compared to my Bikini belt.

This was exactly my experience. The belt on the EXO was seriously lacking in comfort compared to my Bikini belt.

As a T1 Bikini owner and Exo 3500 owner, I could not disagree with this statement more. IMHO, the Exo is exactly on par with the BT1 when carrying heavy loads. More importantly to me, however, it is more comfortable, lighter, and I prefer the features (front side zip, side pockets, lid, and waterproof). Having owned both, they're neck and neck quality wise. As a flexible "do everything" pack, I'll take the Exo all day....and at almost half the price, it becomes a no-brainer for me.

This thread just shows that its all about what is comfortable for the person wearing it. I have a Kifaru Bikini frame. I actually swapped packs with my brother packing out an elk last year cause his was to heavy ;) He was using a T1 and I was using a Bikini. I liked the feel of the T1 better then the Bikini. After that I used a Barney's and packed out my brothers bull and liked it even more. One of these days I'm going to try a Duplex. Wish I had one for my hunt in 2 weeks.

KHNC

WKR
I just don't think the word is out on paradox. Still a young company and people aren't aware of them I think.