New Pack Opinions

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Cant beat that offer. On a side note, Aron are you going to do a review on some of those packs or if I have questions is it better to send you a p.m/call/email?

I will add that I bought a Kifaru BT2 this spring and have been extremely happy with it and continue to like it more with each use, especially after packing out a few elk. All of the packs you are looking at are great packs, so just think which one would fit your needs/wants best.

Call me

OP
H
with an offer like that, I would feel like a di#@ turning it down. I went ahead and purchased a duplex frame today.

Thanks Aron, for taking the time to talk on the phone today. I really appreciate your offer and your level of customer service. I look forward to receiving my pack and putting it to good use. As you stated on the phone, I think this just might be the start with the DT3, and I will likely purchase a larger pack as my hunts dictate.
Thanks again!

7mag.

WKR
Aron is a cool and generous guy. I can't imagine how much time he spends on the phone and email answering questions.

Chem-E

Lil-Rokslider
I have a question.

Can you mount just a 500 Light Back Pouch, a Pod, or a Long Hunter Lid to the Bikini frame?

I have this idea that I could pack into the backcountry using a Timberline, or Highlander, bag and set up camp. Then I could take the bag off and attach a smaller accessory pouch, or the Long Hunter Lid, to the bikini for a "daypack" option.

I have seen pictures of the Duplex rigged this way, but I don't know if the Bikini has the needed attachment points.

Thanks for all the input so far!

djsmith46

Lil-Rokslider
I have a question.

Can you mount just a 500 Light Back Pouch, a Pod, or a Long Hunter Lid to the Bikini frame?

I have this idea that I could pack into the backcountry using a Timberline, or Highlander, bag and set up camp. Then I could take the bag off and attach a smaller accessory pouch, or the Long Hunter Lid, to the bikini for a "daypack" option.

I have seen pictures of the Duplex rigged this way, but I don't know if the Bikini has the needed attachment points.

There's so many attachment points, I'm sure you could but if you're going to carry the frame you might as well carry the pack, just cinch it down into day mode. The actual bag doesn't weigh that much.

Last edited:

7mag.

WKR
There are 4 webbing loops on either side of the Bikini frame, one on each side has a plastic triangle.

dotman

WKR
I have a question.

One of the cool things about Kifaru frames other then the comfort is how crazy you can get attaching stuff, only limited to your pocket book and imagination.

wapitibob

WKR
I have a question.

Yeeuup

My hunt rig consisted of a GenII meat bag and a light long pocket. I packed 4 antelope and an elk this year with this setup, straight off my back. Didn't need to drop anything. It also will hold enough for an overnighter.

All I need now is a Gen II.5 meat bag. I need about a 4" flat on the btm of the bag and maybe 4 inches longer. I pack bone in and just a little more room would help with a full antelope and the length would drop an Elk quarter down a little bit.

attachment.php

Attaching stuff to a bikini couldn't be easier Chem-e. I ran a medium pod and rolled up cargo panel on mine for deer season and it worked great. Wasn't sure how I would like the pod but it swallowed a bunch of stuff but opened wide making it easy to find what I needed.

View attachment 20066