Official Montana 2023 Draw Thread!

What season are you planning to hunt?

• Total voters

Axlrod

WKR
30 more years, youll have a chance.
But not a good chance. Been putting in there since the first year- mid 80's so close to 40 years so far. 10,000 applicants for a total of 135 tags. 13 (10%) go to NR, they give 30+ to land owner preference in that unit, leaves about 92 or so tags for residents.

velvetfvr

WKR
I was successful and I have same blurb below my “successful” draw.

What does it say above that? I think that is just an explanation of what a “released” license is.
It says I was unsuccessful in drawing a combo license. “However you were successful in drawing a released big game combination license from the pool of licenses that were returned after the initial drawing”.

At the bottom under Not Successful it says:

2023 elk permit
2023 General- Big game combo.

But in the box next to the pic I posted it says I was “successful in drawing a license and your preference points will be set to zero”.

So I drew as like an alternate it sounds like

It says I was unsuccessful in drawing a combo license. “However you were successful in drawing a released big game combination license from the pool of licenses that were returned after the initial drawing”.

At the bottom under Not Successful it says:

2023 elk permit
2023 General- Big game combo.

But in the box next to the pic I posted it says I was “successful in drawing a license and your preference points will be set to zero”.

So I drew as like an alternate it sounds like

Attachments

• IMG_1731.jpeg
    IMG_1731.jpeg
    262.4 KB · Views: 58

TheViking

WKR
Drew a breaks permit after 8 years.
View attachment 543779

Breaks bull last year

58efddd6ece5ac65a6ccffec57979227.jpg

Raghornkiller

Lil-Rokslider
You were unsuccessful in the initial drawing, however you were able to get a released tag that was turned in. Congrats!
Ok I was just curious why it said unsuccessful for the combo at the bottom.And no I'm not going hunting that is my wife's application they had 1.5 points and we were hoping they wouldn't draw.