Peax Solace 15 sleeping bag Review forthcoming

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
The good folks at Peax and Rokslide have provided me with a Solace 15 bag to review.

https://www.peaxequipment.com/products/solace-15-sleeping-bag

Received the bag today, so a just a few casual observations. I put it on my scales (two different scales) and get 2 lbs 5 oz for the weight (the stuff sack provided weighs 1.2 oz), their listed weight is 2 lbs 5.5. oz, so pretty much spot on.

HMAcxID.jpg

This is the regular size, it's also offered in a wide and a wide and tall. I'm 5'11" (180-ish) and the bag has plenty of room for me, don't think I'd want or need a wide or wide/tall.

The bag utilizes 850 hydrophobic (water resistant) down and is filled with 22.1 oz of it. That's quite a bit of fill for a 15° bag (that's good :D). Just a quick comparo, my Feathered Friends Lark is a 10° bag and is filled with 20 oz and is all of a 10° bag. The Solace is cut a little roomier, so sure some of that increased fill is needed for that.

Anywho, I'll get to use the Solace in the coming days on several different trips.

Mike

So you did not pay for the bag correct? You received it free of charge right? Just making sure I understand before I read the review.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Comment on this “free” notion - HUGE difference in testing gear vs recommending something primarily because it was “free.” When he literally compared the new product to a product that he owns right off the bat, that should set the tone.

Example: jay from mindful hunter always discloses how he gets stuff. He gets stuff free to provide reviews. Rokslide is no different.

Maybe the question is just to provide context; but when that’s already given, reads like an accusation. Based on some post history - highly unwarranted.

Looking forward to the review.