Roberts outfitting in Newfoundland let’s here some reviews

Saleen422

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have any reviews with them? What size moose to expect, food any good? Worth the time? Thanks I’m advance

I went with them last year. Food was great, camp was good. I believe they are building a new cabin at the camp I was at (Four Ponds). Would be very cramped with camp full(6). We had pretty bad weather for most of our week but ended up killing our moose.

I wouldn't go there expecting a big moose but you should have an opportunity at a bull. From our experience and our guides talking it seemed like the last week of September/ first of October is when you want to go. Any later rut is winding down and you are hunting dead moose.

Our moose were 28" and 39". The 28" seemed like the average size judging by the stories on the cabin walls.

The hunting methods were go on top of a lookout and call with an electronic caller all day. You hunt a different lookout each day but if camp is full you are hunting the same spots over and over all season. All spots were accessible by a short atv ride to a lake with a boat. There were local hunters driving the power line but were strictly road hunting.

Very beautiful terrain, damn near mountainous. If you have any other questions fire away.

Last edited: