September, rifle, elk outfitter recommendation

Longshot

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for a September rifle elk (maybe mule deer) hunt for 2024. $10k max. $4k would be better… guided, semi-guided or drop camp. Open to anything that sounds like a fun hunt.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking for a September rifle elk (maybe mule deer) hunt for 2024. $10k max. $4k would be better… guided, semi-guided or drop camp. Open to anything that sounds like a fun hunt.

Thanks

PM sent

Idaboy

WKR
What state? You likey have more muzzle loader options than rifle for Sept, rifle Sept are few and far between compared to Oct....TopRut orGohunt probably has a breakdown/search option to help you narrow

Last edited:
If you’re looking for an outfitter, there are September rifle elk hunts in the frank church wilderness in Idaho, you could probably buy a mule deer tag and combo for a little extra. I have no experience with any outfitters personally so I don’t have any recommendations for you

neilv

FNG
Frank Church is a good option - try wilderness mule outfitters - caleb is great

Sept. rifle hunts are available in the Thorofare in WY, but you're not likely to find a hunt available for 2024. Probably looking at 2026 or 2027.

neilv

FNG
Sept. rifle hunts are available in the Thorofare in WY, but you're not likely to find a hunt available for 2024. Probably looking at 2026 or 2027.
ive been trying to get on this hunt - for non residents it was like 5 points needed from what i was told by an outfitter - but i think Wyoming changed tag allocations for non residents so its probably longer now.

ive been trying to get on this hunt - for non residents it was like 5 points needed from what i was told by an outfitter - but i think Wyoming changed tag allocations for non residents so its probably longer now.
My outfitter is booked through 2028 in the Thorofare. And is now requiring hunters to enter the special drawing anticipating point creep.

I got super lucky and was able to get in 5 years earlier than I was originally told. Leaving for Wyoming on September 7th.

Last edited:

grey12345

FNG

Thanks

Did you find anyone for a semi guided or drop camp? I have a Sept rifle tag. Thanks, Tim

OP
L

Longshot

Lil-Rokslider
I haven’t made any plans. What tag do you have?