Stone Glacier and Kifaru

Hardstalk

WKR
Hay BB just for reference how tall are you? If I remember correctly on stone glaciers website it states that there pack may not fit every body type.

Pass-n-Thru

Lil-Rokslider
Maybe its my speakers, but the water repelant material sounded a bit loud. Is the whole pack fairly loud or is it pretty quiet?
I am close to just pulling the trigger on one of these and if it does not work out, I'll sell it on one of the local forums.

Thanks

Snipershirt

Lil-Rokslider
Maybe its my speakers, but the water repelant material sounded a bit loud. Is the whole pack fairly loud or is it pretty quiet?
I am close to just pulling the trigger on one of these and if it does not work out, I'll sell it on one of the local forums.

Thanks

The material is a bit noisey at first and then it quiets down after its used some. I agree with BB...no noise while it was on my back.

S

Salmo-Priest

BB any idea when you'll be getting the Kifaru? Will you be able to compare the two side by side? Hope you'll still have the SG when you get the Kifaru. Thanks for the review/work.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
BB any idea when you'll be getting the Kifaru? Will you be able to compare the two side by side? Hope you'll still have the SG when you get the Kifaru. Thanks for the review/work.

When I get back from mountain lion hunting.

Pass-n-Thru

Lil-Rokslider
The pack is pretty quiet on the back.

I pulled the trigger on the SOLO today and a few accesories! I just could not wait any longer.
If it does not work out for me then there will be one for sale. I have a good feeling that it will work just fine.
I am still staying tuned to this thread to see how it ends.

Thanks

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Well guys, I got the shipping notice from Kifaru, so it should be early next week I have them side by side!

P.S. that Angie is a real sweetheart!

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well guys, I got the shipping notice from Kifaru, so it should be early next week I have them side by side!

P.S. that Angie is a real sweetheart!

Awesome Matt, looking forward to your review!

For as often as Luke talks to Angie, I was starting to worry :) I think he might call her more often than me....

Daniel_M

WKR
Awesome Matt, looking forward to your review!

For as often as Luke talks to Angie, I was starting to worry :) I think he might call her more often than me....

You know that could be strategic... I've often gotten a few discounts with some sweet talkin!

Whisky

WKR
I pulled the trigger on the SOLO today and a few accesories! I just could not wait any longer.
If it does not work out for me then there will be one for sale. I have a good feeling that it will work just fine.
I am still staying tuned to this thread to see how it ends.

Thanks

You have 30 days to return it to Schnees, or directly to Kurt for a full refund, if it don't work. I talked to him yesterday. He's more than happy to return it if you can't get it to fit. I wanted to make sure that was the case....I know if you have troubles, just give him a call and he'll give you pointers on adjusting the belt as well as send you a lumbar pad to try if you didn't order it already. He told me out of all the packs he has sold he only recalls 3 being returned because of fit.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Alright guys,

The big brown wonder-van just dropped off a box full of goodies from Kifaru.

So inside was a black bikini frame and coyote DT1 with some extra pouches, grab-it, etc.

I know some guys may be disappointed it isn't the High Camp, but I actually think it will make for some good comparisons. Kifaru is working overtime to get the High Camps ready to ship. It is fine with me, I can strip it down to basics to get a feel for the high camp.

the comparo can begin in earnest now. ;)