Strongest/windproof one man tent?

I slept great on it and really wished I would’ve had it a couple years ago when I had 1” of water running through my shelter and no place to get out of it. I don’t think I’ll be taking it to all my spike camps but I do see myself getting a lot of use out of it in the future. The one I have comes in at 44 oz., in the stuff sack, according to my scale, but you can trim a little bit of weight off of it by eliminating one of the leg sections. It comes with 4 leg sections but somebody that’s not pushing its weight limit, could get by with just 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

BRWNBR

WKR
That water running thru the tent thing is what’s keeping me from this floorless stuff. If it’s been raining you basically set up with a wet floor/ground right off the get go right? On days like that I’ll pack the extra....ounces.....lbs....to stay dry. If it’s dry out already my Noah tarp works just fine.
Like most gear, costs To much to buy and try just for the sake of trying it out. Might be a better set up but I’m not gonna risk
It for that kinda coin$.

bcimport

WKR
I’ve never had water actually running under my floorless before. I suppose if it rained like I should be building a boat it’s possible. At least if I’m floorless in that situation I can try to do some dirt work to redirect the water. If a floored setup starts leaking and everything leaks at some point it is hard to get rid of the water. I do run the thermarest cot in my big 8 man tipi and it’s very comfortable, I don’t think I would pack it on my back though. The cord do eat up a lot of space in the tipi type shelters because you move closer to the middle to stay away from the wall as you get farther off the ground.

That water running thru the tent thing is what’s keeping me from this floorless stuff. If it’s been raining you basically set up with a wet floor/ground right off the get go right? On days like that I’ll pack the extra....ounces.....lbs....to stay dry. If it’s dry out already my Noah tarp works just fine.
Like most gear, costs To much to buy and try just for the sake of trying it out. Might be a better set up but I’m not gonna risk
It for that kinda coin$.

Actually, that was back at base camp/the lake I got flown into, and I was in my Mountain Hardware Trango 2 tent. After about three days of non-stop rain and the tent basically floating, it finally succumbed. Then It rained for another couple days and I ended up using my Thermarest as a flotation device. The entire area had either standing or running water and there was absolutely no place to pitch the tent other than in boulders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk