Suppressor question?

I currently have a Banish 30 in jail. This being my first suppressor.

Well I’ve waiting I’ve be trying to figure out the logistics of my deer season. Deer camp (in-laws house) is 2.5hrs from home and I’ve always left rifle there during the season.

Talking about this with my father in-law. A question came up and I can’t seem to find an answer.

So…

If a rifle is zeroed with a suppressor attached and the suppressor is removed and reattached does the zero shift?

FYI - He will be going in the trust.

atmat

WKR
My TBAC Ultra7 doesn’t change POI. It’s easy enough to check/test once your suppressor arrives thought.

It depends. Any time you attach anything to a barrel harmonics are affected.

Different mounting systems aren’t as repeatable as others.

On a direct thread can, assuming all threading is concentric, if there is any zero shift it should, in theory be minimal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Bluefish

WKR
Poi doesn’t seem to change by taking on/off the suppressor and putting it back on. Do it all the time as my cases are not all long enough for the complete rifle.
poi change is huge between using the can and not. For me that means I have to sight in with the can and again without. A pain for sure. Now I just use it all the time.

JjamesIII

WKR
I currently have a Banish 30 in jail. This being my first suppressor.

Well I’ve waiting I’ve be trying to figure out the logistics of my deer season. Deer camp (in-laws house) is 2.5hrs from home and I’ve always left rifle there during the season.

Talking about this with my father in-law. A question came up and I can’t seem to find an answer.

So…

If a rifle is zeroed with a suppressor attached and the suppressor is removed and reattached does the zero shift?

FYI - He will be going in the trust.
Thunderbeast are totally repeatable, as long as your mounting interface is solid. I cannot speak to other manufacturers. Most reputable cans should be as well, but do your own testing to validate. Of course you should expect poi shift when firing without the can. Some are more significant than others. The dominus shift has been only 1/2 moa, some I’ve seen 3+ moa.