Tikka t3x superlite in 6.5 creedmoor??

GKPrice

Banned
The plastic Superlite stock is 28oz so this only saves 3 oz but it obviously is in a completely different league. The grip is a very nice compromise between a classic and all out vertical grip. I will be doing a review on it once I get some more time behind it. I think the longer one will be better for prone shooting but I think the shorter one is more appealing cosmetically.

just ordered the BH model

GKPrice

Banned
The plastic Superlite stock is 28oz so this only saves 3 oz but it obviously is in a completely different league. The grip is a very nice compromise between a classic and all out vertical grip. I will be doing a review on it once I get some more time behind it. I think the longer one will be better for prone shooting but I think the shorter one is more appealing cosmetically.

I just weighed mine, 29.5 oz.

Testing 147s today with RL26. I’ll have a Mesa for sale soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

b150c01e1c6e47e3d0f53a206dc7c1ad.jpg
90f3548f26408e7960d7bd561efbf9cd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[/QUOTE]

Not to derail things, but how does the super lite compare to the Mesa? I️ was thinking about picking up a Mesa in 6.5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FURMAN

WKR
The Superlite is 12 ounces lighter(my Mesa is 6.75 my Tikka is 6). I personally think the Tikka trigger is better than a Triggertech especially with a spring from Ernie the gunsmith. Ironically the same reason I would never own a Tikka 300 WM makes it a better short action option. The magazine will allow loading short cartridges such as the Creemoor long. I have not had accuracy issues with the plastic factory stock but I don't trust them to stay consistent in changing weather so the stock would need replaced on the Tikka. The Mesa comes with a brake. The Mesa is prettier to me if that matters to you. The Superlite Creedmoor barrel is 2" longer which should equate to around 30-50fps. In the end it looks like I will keep the Tikka and sell the Mesa.

The Superlite is 12 ounces lighter(my Mesa is 6.75 my Tikka is 6). I personally think the Tikka trigger is better than a Triggertech especially with a spring from Ernie the gunsmith. Ironically the same reason I would never own a Tikka 300 WM makes it a better short action option. The magazine will allow loading short cartridges such as the Creemoor long. I have not had accuracy issues with the plastic factory stock but I don't trust them to stay consistent in changing weather so the stock would need replaced on the Tikka. The Mesa comes with a brake. The Mesa is prettier to me if that matters to you. The Superlite Creedmoor barrel is 2" longer which should equate to around 30-50fps. In the end it looks like I will keep the Tikka and sell the Mesa.

Thanks for the information. That is just what I️ was looking for.

ianpadron

WKR
Testing 147s today with RL26. I’ll have a Mesa for sale soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[/QUOTE]That stock is wicked! Do they offer any other colors besides black for the Tikka T3?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

FURMAN

WKR

That stock is wicked! Do they offer any other colors besides black for the Tikka T3?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

If you’re asking about the carbon stock no the only finish is natural carbon.

Slick rig... What scope is that?

While we are playing “name those parts” is that an extreme hardcore base? How useful is that level in a shooting position? I like pd the concept but just wasn’t sure it was really going to be visible when the scope was mounted.

And, does that stock accept tikka bottom metal without modification or do you have to get it machined.

FURMAN

WKR
Athlon Ares BTR 4.5-27. Stock does take factory bottom metal. It is an xtreme rail I prefer the level on top but I’ll be selling the rail because the level sticking out the back makes you either mount the scope higher or farther back in either case it’s not in the correct spot for my cheek weld.

AKborn87

FNG
Luke, there appears to be mixed reviews on the Fieldcraft...as with any mountain rifle, any reason why you would choose the Fieldcraft over just chopping the T3X superlite barrel down and skeletonizing the action? The reason I ask is I am in the market for a lightweight .308 (either a Kimber Mt. Ascent...because I don't like sending things to gunsmiths, a T3X superlite, or possibly the Fieldcraft). Any thoughts/opinions or suggestions are appreciated!

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Luke, there appears to be mixed reviews on the Fieldcraft...as with any mountain rifle, any reason why you would choose the Fieldcraft over just chopping the T3X superlite barrel down and skeletonizing the action? The reason I ask is I am in the market for a lightweight .308 (either a Kimber Mt. Ascent...because I don't like sending things to gunsmiths, a T3X superlite, or possibly the Fieldcraft). Any thoughts/opinions or suggestions are appreciated!

I sent you a reply to your PM as well. But I will say I am keeping my Barrett Fieldcraft in 6.5 but selling my Barrett Fieldcraft that is new in box in 308 as well as my wife's Kimber Montana 308 so I can keep things simple and have a cartridge that matches my LR rig as well for simplicity sake.

Its a tough call as I like all 3 types of rifles. But if I had to pick one rifle as is from the factory there is no question it would be a Barrett Fieldcraft.

FlyGuy

WKR
Its a tough call as I like all 3 types of rifles. But if I had to pick one rifle as is from the factory there is no question it would be a Barrett Fieldcraft.

That statement is going to sell a LOT of Barrett Fieldcraft rifles! Better grab one while you can!

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Fireguy

WKR

Did you bed it or just bolt it in? Looking at them now, which barrel channel option did you order?

FURMAN

WKR
Did you bed it or just bolt it in? Looking at them now, which barrel channel option did you order?

I had to bed it(was going to anyway). The recoil lug recess was not cut deep enough in the stock. I had to Dremel it out and superglue the lug to the action so it would stay in the proper position while the compound set up. I got the magnum spotter.

Picked up my lite (not superlite) today.

Stock feels sorta cheap but not hollow but kind of like a toy. Trigger is crisp. Bare gun weighs 6lbs 6.5 oz. I like the length of pull.

I am going to try to get it scoped and zeroed before deer season but not sure it will happen for this year.

Anyone know the part number on the magazine? Is it the 308 magazine?

Also, anyone find a factory nonlead round these things like?

Pro953

WKR
Mine likes Barnes. It shoots the Hornady Boar Stopper ok as well. It does not like the Super performance though.

Looks like it changed. They had 10% off anything until yesterday. Code is now tac22 and it is 10% off mags but you have to buy $100. The t3x mags are still only $34 without a code which is as good as I could find.