Tikka trigger spring drop safe?

on my 2nd tikka build now and this trigger doesn’t adjust as low as my 1st so I’ve been looking into reduced weight springs.

Has anyone seen issues with drop safety with the reduced springs or should I be good to go? I’ll obviously give it some butt drops on my own but if it’s a for sure no go I’ll save the money.

G37some

FNG
with the after market springs you can get it low enough to be not drop safe but just keep screwing it in until it is drop safe it will still be lighter than the factory spring.

OP
DangerRanger
with the after market springs you can get it low enough to be not drop safe but just keep screwing it in until it is drop safe it will still be lighter than the factory spring.
Is there a poundage that’s normally the grey area or line in the sand?

G37some

FNG
no each one is diffrent but you should be able to get somewhere between 1-2 lbs and be perfectly safe ive been able to set all 3 of mine to 1.5 lbs with no issue.

wyosam

WKR
I run my Tikkas around 20oz. I’ve done many drop tests, and also extended carrying in the mountains with safety off on an empty chamber. I really like this test, though I’m sure someone will freak out over it. I’ve got a lot of hours, a lot of miles, and a fair number of slip and falls, pushing through deep brush, etc doing this test- I’ve always still had a hot trigger when it’s time to “score” the test. I also carry with a round in the chamber a lot (which I choose depends on the situation), safety on of course. Knowing my trigger is reliable is a must. I’ve got several brands of good quality aftermarket triggers on other rifles, and Tikka triggers with Yo Dave springs are still my favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk