Titanium goat stove packability

freshta

WKR
Looking to have a stove jack installed in my Golite SL. Im looking at a small Tigoat stove to save weight and pack it down. Can someone tell me how compact this is for backpacking? I will be going solo.

Whitetoptom

Lil-Rokslider
I've got a small cylinder on the way now, should be here Tuesday. I'll send you some pics outta the box. I'm pumped about it!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Whitetoptom

Lil-Rokslider
Ti goat seems to be a little obscure among this crowd. They have been great to do business with. I'm not sure who is the pioneer of the cylinder stove idea but the to goat guys seem to have a good design. I've done a heck of a lot of research for the past few months and they are the ones I decided to go with so we will see in a few days how it goes. I like the all titanium material that in turn equals light weight and the damper seems pretty spot on.

Whitetoptom

Lil-Rokslider
I should get delivery on the stove and my tipi this evening. I'll get some pictures with some scale so you can see what you are looking at.

Whitetoptom

Lil-Rokslider
I would appreciate that!
Here it is outta the box in it's perfectly packed form.
bf09f0b3c0bf16f08d740cd5b2aaae77.jpg

Whitetoptom

Lil-Rokslider
It is advertised at 1lb. 13oz. With a seven foot pipe. Mine is six feet so minus a little. Never found a measure for how much a foot of pipe weighs. It seems to be no issue to put it back exactly the way you see in the pic. I burned the body last night. Gonna try to do the pipe this evening. I'll try to post some more pics here and maybe start another thread for a photo review so people can see what they are looking to buy.

Whitetoptom

Lil-Rokslider
Here it is after the burn in. Went back to basically the factory packing with only a little fuss. Seems really good so far. Lights pretty easy and runs like a locomotive. The damper really works good. I will have to say that it is spot on for me, being that I have very little experience with the idea other than a friend's frankenstove. We have never gotten brave enough to put the frankenstove in a tent.

OP
F

freshta

WKR
Awesome! Thanks for taking the time to answer questions and take pics. I'm sold! Definitely ordering one

epicaaron

Lil-Rokslider
I've had a Ti-Goat vertex 6.5 with cylinder stove for about 10 years, I must have well over 60 nights on the combination between backcountry skiing, hunting, and kayaking, and I would unequivocally recommend their stoves and tipis. I had to send my original stove (first version) back after 30-40 nights due to a cracked spot weld, the folks at ti goat were great to deal with and fixed it for free. With the newest version, be careful that you do not lose the bent washers that go behind the wing nuts off of the rods: they can work their way off of the hooked end and disappear. I now carry a couple spares. Pro tip: if you need to get your tipi heated in a hurry most canister stove heads will through the cylinder stove door...

Whitetoptom

Lil-Rokslider
They seem to have solved the problem with the washers by adding a little section of spring between the washers and the bent end. The little springs can't slip around the bend keeping the washers in place. I'm tickled pink with the whole system. I plan on buying the 6.5 pretty soon for my near side ventures and for taking my son. The craftsmanship is top notch on the whole deal.

Whitetoptom

Lil-Rokslider
I've got the vertex 5 and it is pretty small but as far as I can figure it will be perfect solo with the stove.

epicaaron

Lil-Rokslider
Its good to know about the spring upgrade, I'll have to look into that. Enjoy your stove and tipi, you should get many years of great trips out of them.