Tripod glassing with the SIG ZULU6

AZ_Clarke

FNG
Been looking at the Zulu6 16x for a little while and have been seeing tripod mounts for them from aziak and tricer, was wondering if anybody had used them for extended glassing sessions and what your thoughts are.

I have the aziak mount on my 12x. I don’t notice the mount as much as I thought I would. I was waiting for something like this to come out. Last season I used a trekking pole only to glass off. I’m happy to have the tripod back. The tricer mount wasn’t even on radar until a short bit ago so I can’t compare the two. Does look like it’s a bit bulky compared to aziak on the underside.

I have the aziak mount on my 12x. I don’t notice the mount as much as I thought I would. I was waiting for something like this to come out. Last season I used a trekking pole only to glass off. I’m happy to have the tripod back. The tricer mount wasn’t even on radar until a short bit ago so I can’t compare the two. Does look like it’s a bit bulky compared to aziak on the underside.
How do you like using them off a tripod? I feel like image stabilization kinda negates the need for a tripod

You definitely don’t need a tripod. A trekking pole works great. It’s the ability to take your face off the bino and be hands free for a moment. No trekking pole and your arms get worn out from holding them up. Tripod is just nice to have for glassing while sitting down, and shooting off. There maybe some trips I leave the tripod still, but a aziak tripod is so light that I don’t mind having it. I can’t imagine not having image stabilization now after using for a whole season.

You definitely don’t need a tripod. A trekking pole works great. It’s the ability to take your face off the bino and be hands free for a moment. No trekking pole and your arms get worn out from holding them up. Tripod is just nice to have for glassing while sitting down, and shooting off. There maybe some trips I leave the tripod still, but a aziak tripod is so light that I don’t mind having it. I can’t imagine not having image stabilization now after using for a whole season.
Good to know, I’ve been looking for some bigger binos and I have it narrowed down between these and the vortex razor 18x56.

Back