Tripod glassing with the SIG ZULU6

AZ_Clarke

FNG
Been looking at the Zulu6 16x for a little while and have been seeing tripod mounts for them from aziak and tricer, was wondering if anybody had used them for extended glassing sessions and what your thoughts are.

Jim Row

FNG
Classified Approved
I have the aziak mount on my 12x. I don’t notice the mount as much as I thought I would. I was waiting for something like this to come out. Last season I used a trekking pole only to glass off. I’m happy to have the tripod back. The tricer mount wasn’t even on radar until a short bit ago so I can’t compare the two. Does look like it’s a bit bulky compared to aziak on the underside.

OP
A

AZ_Clarke

FNG
I have the aziak mount on my 12x. I don’t notice the mount as much as I thought I would. I was waiting for something like this to come out. Last season I used a trekking pole only to glass off. I’m happy to have the tripod back. The tricer mount wasn’t even on radar until a short bit ago so I can’t compare the two. Does look like it’s a bit bulky compared to aziak on the underside.
How do you like using them off a tripod? I feel like image stabilization kinda negates the need for a tripod

Jim Row

FNG
Classified Approved
You definitely don’t need a tripod. A trekking pole works great. It’s the ability to take your face off the bino and be hands free for a moment. No trekking pole and your arms get worn out from holding them up. Tripod is just nice to have for glassing while sitting down, and shooting off. There maybe some trips I leave the tripod still, but a aziak tripod is so light that I don’t mind having it. I can’t imagine not having image stabilization now after using for a whole season.

OP
A

AZ_Clarke

FNG
You definitely don’t need a tripod. A trekking pole works great. It’s the ability to take your face off the bino and be hands free for a moment. No trekking pole and your arms get worn out from holding them up. Tripod is just nice to have for glassing while sitting down, and shooting off. There maybe some trips I leave the tripod still, but a aziak tripod is so light that I don’t mind having it. I can’t imagine not having image stabilization now after using for a whole season.
Good to know, I’ve been looking for some bigger binos and I have it narrowed down between these and the vortex razor 18x56.