Trout creek/Noxon spring bear

Blazer27

FNG
Hello all,

Had the itch to get out and get a few steps in and figured I’d do some bear hunting. I am fairly familiar with the Noxon/Trout Creek area and thats where I’ll be putting some miles in during the next few weeks.

If anyone has any of the local drainages that they have seen a good # of black bear in the area and they feel comfortable disclosing I would appreciate it a ton, but I do not expect anyone’s honey hole areas.

I appreciate any nudge in the right direction but I have done spring bear before, just not in MT.

I would also be open to any other area in the 121 unit

Thanks!

Go find the green avalanche chutes and start glassing.
Thank you and yup, I’ve done spring bear before just not in this area. I have some spots on OnX picked out that look good and I Just figured I’d see if anyone had first hand insight. Hoping to save a couple days of getting my bearings.

Dear internet, I'm not into honey holes and know my shit but could you please tell me where to park?
Thank you for taking the time to reply! We live in a digital world now and I have no shame trying to be more efficient with my limited time outdoors.

I’ve run that country a good amount. Should be some very good greenup places on the pillick ridge. Seen some good bear sign down low a week ago shed hunting. Check the ridge behind the bull river store park under the power line. There are two trails back toward idaho star peak trail and blacktail. Also berray mountain holds some good bear type slopes. You can glass both from the road, but know it will take you hours to get to up the mountain that country is all steep🤣🤙

drive roads and look man. This country is thick, try to find a glassing spot. Difficult part is having the area you’re looking at being in shooting range.

Thank you for taking the time to reply! We live in a digital world now and I have no shame trying to be more efficient with my limited time outdoors.

I’ve run that country a good amount. Should be some very good greenup places on the pillick ridge. Seen some good bear sign down low a week ago shed hunting. Check the ridge behind the bull river store park under the power line. There are two trails back toward idaho star peak trail and blacktail. Also berray mountain holds some good bear type slopes. You can glass both from the road, but know it will take you hours to get to up the mountain that country is all steep🤣🤙
Hey thank you a ton! I really appreciate you taking the time to give me some starting points and the advice about the terrain! Lol

drive roads and look man. This country is thick, try to find a glassing spot. Difficult part is having the area you’re looking at being in shooting range.
Thanks for responding and I will keep that in mind. Definitely keep seeing and hearing thickness as i do more research on
The area haha.

Anyone have an update on the green up in the trout creek area?

My usual spots (5-5.5k ft) are historically best the last week of may but I’m considering heading out there may 15th due to the early spring/potential early green up.

Back