Trying out boots in CO

quent

Lil-Rokslider
Rei in colorado springs doesn't carry the Tibet's. Just the trail hiking boots. The main REI in Denver carries the Tibet's and tibet HI. I just despise I25 and CO 83. And Denver I'm general. If you do want to check out lowa sportsmans has them on their web site and free shipping to the store. If you don't like them you can get your money back right there. I've never been impressed with REI and the one in colorado springs isn't anything to write home about. Specialty sports used to have a great catalog of boots but the owner stopped ordering boots to make room for more space for guns.

wildcat33

WKR
My feeling is that REI is just a lifestyle retail store. They have a few mountaineering boots and racks of climbing gear to make all the folks buying yoga mats and dog toys feel like they are somewhere different than target. If Ive got coin to drop on expensive boots Ill take my business to folks that support hunting like Schnees, Lathrop, etc. JM2c.

quent

Lil-Rokslider
I'd have to agree with you. I hate going into REI. bunch of hipsters in skinny jeans. Cabelas and bass pro just have crap. If I find something sportsmans warehouse has that I can find online I'll check it out.

Boman

Lil-Rokslider
For Lowa Tibet's call the Denver REI . If no luck there check with Jax. They have a few locations . Keep in mind most stores are waiting for the 2018 models to come in.

Phaseolus

WKR
Boldingbowman,

REI will order them in for you to try without having to purchase them, that is assuming you are a member. I have very narrow feet and ordered a set of Lowa Camino’s in to try, they have a reputaion as being a little more narrow design. The fit was good and I bought them. I haven’t hiked enough in them yet to give a review, they are a stiffer boot than the Lowa Renegades (narrows)that I have and like. The Renegades are a bit too lightweight for carrying loads.