UA CH1 GTX Boots

Does anyone have these boots or maybe have some thoughts on them as far as being used for elk hunting in Utah type terrain?

Just moved out to Utah and starting my research for gear for next season.

Last edited:
I have a pair, and I really love *the idea of* them. I’ve been trying to break them in ahead of my Oregon elk trip (starting tomorrow).

The shoe itself fits great, though I don’t know that the boa system is actually any faster than a good pair of laces. However, they do allow you to customize how tight the lower and upper parts of the boot are.

The issue I have with them is where the seams are located on the tongue are a little oversewn, in my opinion. That “extra” sewing presses down on the side of my foot when the boas are locked down the “proper” amount of tightness (based on not having enough slack to roll my ankle easily). My solution? Loosen the top section. It makes it feel like a sneaker, and admittedly I run an increased risk of rolling, BUT that comfort, compared to the pressure from that seam, is worth it. I wish it didn’t have that problem.

I toyed with the idea of taking the seam apart and Shoe-GOOing it, but didn’t have the chance before this trip. I’ll follow back up after a couple days in the wilderness...

Regards,

Rad

SMIB
RLTW!

7ce579d658eaa6f45688eea83dbef114.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair, I wouldn't take anything from the Making.Hunting.Great.Again instagram account as fact. Their primary brand is exposing garbage and shameful social media happenings in the hunting industry and making fun of western hunters. Cam Hanes is a frequent and easy target.

They're the worst boot on the planet. More comparable to Wal mart tennis shoes than anything. Cam Hanes groupies will buy them, that's it. Stick with European mountaineering brand boots. Garmont, Salewa, La Sportiva, Hanwag, Asolo... Lots of options, all top quality.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Alright looks like I’m trying to find another boot then. Thanks for the input everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back