Ultra sonic

OP
TFrank

TFrank

WKR
I never would have thought it would be that price tag

MOwhitetail

Lil-Rokslider
It’ll be interesting to see how successful this is. I don’t think anyone has issues spending that kind of money on gear if they think it gives them an advantage.

PredatoronthePrairie

Lil-Rokslider
Pass, I'll stick with my hand calls.

Dont think anything electronic can get as close to realistic.

Especially considering they are a fraction of the cost.

TheGDog

WKR
Ha! Ok... so please tell me.. How are YOU... as the Human... supposed to be able to know if this device is reproducing UltraSonic frequencies or not? And thus know whether or not you're getting ripped off?

You'd have to have a special mic for testing if the emitted sound is containing UltraSonic frequencies in it. It's not like YOU can hear it.

IF the recorded content had these higher frequencies in it, would it help? Yes, I believe so... since yotes hear up to 44KHz and I at least know that with the new AMT (or AirRibbon) Tweeters, they go up to like 40KHz. So as long as the recording was made with a mic that can hear it (and digitized by a soundcard that can sample up to 44KHz or 48KHz, which most can nowadays), it would offer a slight advantage.

I'd imagine that advantage would most be realized when perhaps playing back Rodent sound recordings? Since they can go quite high up in freqs in their vocalizations.

Last edited: