Utah 2024 Draw Thread

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Heading to the book cliffs roadless for bison in October! gotta start planning now, crazy steep odds never thought I'd sniff a tag in my life
That’s awesome. I spent the last week of September in there about 10 years ago making sure that was the unit I wanted to hunt elk in. Hopefully you have some stock to get a buffalo out, if not want to pack one out on my back!

SandyCreek

Lil-Rokslider
That’s awesome. I spent the last week of September in there about 10 years ago making sure that was the unit I wanted to hunt elk in. Hopefully you have some stock to get a buffalo out, if not want to pack one out on my back!
I've got a cow tag, so itll be smaller than a bull at least. Im guessing maybe like a bull shiras size? have to dive into it a bit but i think with 3-4 folks we could handle it but this is with no eyes on the area. gonna make a trip this summer and check it out then maybe ill be looking for a packer if it looks not doable

SlimWhitman

Lil-Rokslider
I drew LE Bull in Fishlake and a general deer tag with 40% odds….of course haha. First time drawing anything. Can I return the deer tag and keep points?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I drew LE Bull in Fishlake and a general deer tag with 40% odds….of course haha. First time drawing anything. Can I return the deer tag and keep points?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes - you won’t gain a point but you will maintain the points you had entering the draw assuming you return the tag at least a month prior to season dates.

Well, looks like I'm the one A-hole Non-resident (from WY no less!) to draw a LE tag where I applied. Only had 7 or 8 points too, so a total surprise.

I might be putting out some feelers to the masses here (PMs only of course). I've hunted a handful of spots across the West, so hopefully I can pay forward some info elsewhere. Definitely already planning a trip south to look around too...

Well, looks like I'm the one A-hole Non-resident (from WY no less!) to draw a LE tag where I applied. Only had 7 or 8 points too, so a total surprise.

I might be putting out some feelers to the masses here (PMs only of course). I've hunted a handful of spots across the West, so hopefully I can pay forward some info elsewhere. Definitely already planning a trip south to look around too...
Congrats. What unit and season?

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member

Congratulations! Any limited entry tag can be a good one

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk