Vivo forest tracker esc durability

pattimusprime22

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't had any water intrusion in mine, although my sole hasn't separated yet and I keep it well conditioned with boot wax.

Roor

FNG
Maybe I missed it but is anyone using a seam sealer of some sort on the stitching to help keep water out?
I've had ok results with sno seal but I make sure I bring at least one change of socks even on just a day hunt.
I definitely get soaked in damp grass etc. Dryer snow is fine although the cold comes thru quickly with any thin soled boots, hence spare socks and good ones.
P

Maybe I missed it but is anyone using a seam sealer of some sort on the stitching to help keep water out?
I've had ok results with sno seal but I make sure I bring at least one change of socks even on just a day hunt.
I definitely get soaked in damp grass etc. Dryer snow is fine although the cold comes thru quickly with any thin soled boots, hence spare socks and good ones.
I have used mink oil a lot in the past for full grain leather, it does a good job with water, but it does take away some breathability

I like doing it on a warm day, leave boots and oil in the sun for awhile then apply it, and it lasts a good while

fwafwow

WKR
I tried on my Magna Leather FGs today and they are TIGHT across the top of my foot. The website says "fits true to size" but I'm thinking not. Anyone else have these who can tell me whether they break in or stretch? I'm not keen on having to send them back for a larger size, especially if the tightness is part of the design. My Tracker Decon Lows are probably the closest comparison, and they are pretty comfortable.

BBob

WKR
I wear the Magna Forest ESC in my regular size which is a 44. My Nike equivalent is generally an 11. They do fit snugish across the top but not at the toes. I would not describe them as tight but I do have a low volume foot. I wear Kuiu merino socks with them. I can't remember how tight they may have been when new but I likely didn't think they were tight. They have a lot of time on them and the front has somewhat form fitted over time like soft leather boots do.

fwafwow

WKR
I wear the Magna Forest ESC in my regular size which is a 44. My Nike equivalent is generally an 11. They do fit snugish across the top but not at the toes. I would not describe them as tight but I do have a low volume foot. I wear Kuiu merino socks with them. I can't remember how tight they may have been when new but I likely didn't think they were tight. They have a lot of time on them and the front has somewhat form fitted over time like soft leather boots do.
Thanks. I will try with a thinner sock. I was wearing my Happy Yak socks, which are not thin.

brhillman

FNG
About to pull the trigger on a pair of these, but still a little unsure about sizing. Those of you using the printable sizing chart or know your brannock size, are you going up a size to add room from what the chart says, or is the chart recommended size working well for you with medium to thick socks? I measure just under the 11 line on the chart, slightly larger than 11 on a brannock.

sndmn11

WKR
I tried on my Magna Leather FGs today and they are TIGHT across the top of my foot. The website says "fits true to size" but I'm thinking not. Anyone else have these who can tell me whether they break in or stretch? I'm not keen on having to send them back for a larger size, especially if the tightness is part of the design. My Tracker Decon Lows are probably the closest comparison, and they are pretty comfortable.
I have the magna ESC version for coming up on a year now per @BBob 's success. It's kick ass. I also have the deacon lows and they are a little looser.

I don't have a recollection as to if the magna version loosened up any, but I never thought it was overly tight.

Dobermann

WKR
I used the foot measurer on the Vivo site and got about a half-size larger output than I usually take. Went with that, and they've worked well - even with a Superfeeet insole (slightly reduces the point of 'barefoot' shoes, but I have very high arches).

I have pretty wide feet, and haven't noticed it being overly snug. Wear Trackers every weekday to work, and Tracker ESCs every weekend. ESCs are possibly a little looser, but feel more solid (if that makes sense). Trackers are possibly a little tighter across the foot, but not enough to have been something I've really thought about until now.

brhillman

FNG
FYI I had some issues with the sizing printout on their webpage (the verification scale ended up measuring small when printed at 100%, but scaling up messed up the sizes). Their sizing chart seems more accurate, just trace your foot on a blank sheet of paper and measure and compare to their table. I ended up measuring just under a 12, but due to the shape of my foot/toes a 12 actually felt a little cramped on my smaller toes and I was concerned about my toes hitting the front of the boot on descents. A 12.5 offered a lot more room for toes, which I think is what I want, but they are also looser everywhere else, which im not as pumped about. I’m a little concerned about heel slippage but based on my reading of this thread it sounds like most folks just accept some heel movement and embrace the slide?

Side note, I’ve had no issues with NOT using their expedited shipping. Standard free shipping has had boots in my hands within a week of ordering. Sample size of two.

Lawnboi

WKR
The MARCH20 code still works. I just ordered a spare pair. These boots are all the were hyped to be.

They got rid of black though, which is a bummer since the black pair is perfect for work.

I was a die hard inov8 user, and can say the esc tracker is everything I ever have wanted in a barefoot shoe, and nothing I didn’t want.

Also the best outsole on a shoe that I have ever used.

Everyone message vivo and tell them to bring black back.

The more I wear these the more I worry that I won’t be able to go back to a normal boot.

fwafwow

WKR
The MARCH20 code still works. I just ordered a spare pair. These boots are all the were hyped to be.

They got rid of black though, which is a bummer since the black pair is perfect for work.

I was a die hard inov8 user, and can say the esc tracker is everything I ever have wanted in a barefoot shoe, and nothing I didn’t want.

Also the best outsole on a shoe that I have ever used.

Everyone message vivo and tell them to bring black back.

The more I wear these the more I worry that I won’t be able to go back to a normal boot.
You won’t. You can’t.