Weed Whackers

CorbLand

WKR
Need to get one for my house. Wont be commercial use, just getting the grass around the edges and a few spots that I cant get the mower to easily. Less than 30 minutes of use a week. Dont want gas so looking at the electric Milwaukee or Makita.

I dont have tools of either so it will also be the start of what I buy from here on out.

Anybody have either? Good and/or bad of it.

sram9102

WKR
I have the Milwaukee weedeater. No complaints. If it broke, I'd buy another tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

low2497

FNG
I’ve had the Milwaukee Fuel trimmer for a while now and it’s been great. Don’t miss dealing with my old Stihl at all.

Q child

WKR
I have the Milwaukee. I believe it was my first M18 tool actually. Now I own like 25. So buying one might end up costing you several thousand dollars.

Another vote for the Milwaukee. It chews through batteries as fast as weeds but that doesn’t bother me. Just grab another battery. Beats the heck out of running to the gas station to finish a job. Side note: the fuel handheld blower is amazing as well for smaller jobs. Like blowing off the patio or truck bed. Zip, done.

I'd get a corded one. Screw those batteries. I've got a corded push mower (kobalt) that has been a champ. Going on 6 years old I think. All I've done is sharpened the blade.

I’ve got the Kobalt 80v weedwacker, mower, and chainsaw. They’re all impressive and give up nothing to gas equipment other than really prolonged use.

OP
CorbLand

CorbLand

WKR
Well, I was hoping there was some love for Makita as Home Depot has them on sale right now. Does anyone put them on sale around memorial or Father’s Day?

Yep, Milwaukee - it's a great tool. Also has several attachments you can get that are solid. Pole saw, edge trimmer, and a couple of types of brushes for clearing snow or dirt from a driveway. Great system, love mine.