What Podcasts are you listening to?

Not a hunting podcast but I've been listening to Jocko Willnik lately. As far as hunting I've listened to. Some Randy newberg and the podcast the Exo guys have.

Ben

WKR
I think Gritty Bowmen has lost its way a little bit. It's either name dropping or sounding like an informercial these days.

Agreed. I used to listen to them the day they got out but unsubscribed once the titles started having company names in them.

jpuckett

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone that works with their hands and or just likes to hear a story should check out Mike Rowe's podcast "the way I heard it" they are only ten minutes long and are just short stories. He's a great story teller and I always love reading short stories because of the irony and how they leave you hanging. This is no different. Love it. Also meat eater jre gritty bowmen full draw and rich outdoors are great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boudreaux

Lil-Rokslider
Meateater is the best out there, the biological background/knowledge that he has blows most guys out of the water. So as a biologist, it is awesome to listen to his podcast where he knows and understands things and not just driven by emotional opinion.

Hunt the Backcountry, they put out some awesome stuff every episode

Gritty, has tanked lately. When its Brian and Aron talking about gear its good.

Full Draw Full Time, to me they are hit or miss.

Jay Scott, has some good stuff now and then, but I just couldn't handle it.

Avery Adventures, so far so good. I like gear podcasts, so it should be a good fit.

Thanks,
Boswell

meat eater- the hunting standard, great information, entertainment value

joe rogan-nuff said

full draw podcast-good content, loved the last one with on foot those dudes are real as it gets

shootin the bull- pure entertainment, great content

avery adventures-great content and guests so far, really like the way Mr Avery is steering that ship...

huntbackcountry (i really like steve speck style, low profile, serious hunter, accomplished business man, I'm impressed with this guy) great content too!

rich outdoors- just started listening to this one, I'm impressed with this guy too, he speaks well, he did one with Roy Roth way back, awesome episode...what a man he was!

eastmans elevated- brian barney is a killer, great content. learned a bunch from this one

randy newberg- great content, always a good listen

keep hammering- awesome when he does them, busy man.

Gb- still subscribe, but listen to about 10% of them anymore, and cant remember the last time i made it through a whole one...really gotten old fast,like others mentioned its a commercial, pushing product...

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
AVERY ADVENTURES. It has everything you need; humor, smokin-hot bearded host, great guests and gear reviews.

Last edited:
AVERY ADVENTURES. It has everything you need; humor, smokin-hot bearded host, great guests and gear reviews.

Well 3 out of 4 ain't bad...

I've really enjoyed your guys stuff.

Meateater
Journal of mountain hunting
Jay Scott
Avery adventures

Last edited:

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
Well 3 out of 4 ain't bad...

I've really enjoyed your guys stuff.

Right! Thank you. We love getting feedback and suggestions about what gear to talk about, and people to have on the podcast.

Right! Thank you. We love getting feedback and suggestions about what gear to talk about, and people to have on the podcast.

Tanya, my suggestion would have been the Moffat's, and I was extremely happy you guys had them on.

All four of you seem like good folks, and that comes through in the stories you guys tell. Keep up the good work.

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
Meateater and JRE when it's hunting related.

Yes, me too. I love ME cooking tips and JRE because I learn so much about all kinds of different stuff. That guy is SMART

CorbLand

WKR
Hunt talk radio, I like Randy and his perspective. He gives good insight to many topics and I love it when he goes off on rants. I like the way he tells you about his sponsors and it's not a small sells pitch throughout the entire episode.
Gritty bowmen, I like it when Brian and Aron shoot the shit and talk about products. When they have people from companies on they need to go more in depth of what makes that company great. I don't see the commercialization that everyone is talking about though.
Hunt Backcountry, Just started this one and so far I like it. It's nice to not here from people that everyone knows. They seem like down to earth guys that like to hunt and that's it. I had the opportunity to meet Lenny at the Hunt Expo and I was impressed with how nice and helpful he was.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

kparrott

Lil-Rokslider
Not a hunting podcast but I've been listening to Jocko Willnik lately. As far as hunting I've listened to. Some Randy newberg and the podcast the Exo guys have.

I was going to mention Jocko's podcast. I started listening a few weeks ago, great stuff.

qwerksc

WKR
I'm loving the podcast world, Program yourself...Yourself!
Full draw full time, with South Cox
Ben Greenfield Fitness
Joe Rogan
Gritty Bowmen
Randy Newberg
Nock on
Jocko Podcast

HookUp

WKR
Careful when typing in Avery Adventures. I typed as far as Aver in the search and "Average swingers" popped up in the recommendations. I did listen a bit to them, they talk about getting hammered before getting it on. I don't drink so guess that won't work for me.

Takem

WKR
I learned about Meateater Podcast from this thread about a year ago and it's awesome. Between the podcast and the show I've really expanded the way I cook wild game. There is also great content about conservation, history and biology thast aer super interesting.

Randy Newberg is also good.
Freakonomics is a good non hunting Pcast.
Looking forward to trying out Avery Adventures.

D_Eightch

WKR
I wish Meateater could put out more Podcasts. I could honestly just listen to this 1 and be content. Always great.

JRE is good, could care less when he just has his buddies on there and they get messed up and lose their way. Other than Joey Diaz, he's hilarious.

Hunt Backcountry is alright...his speaking seems too damn prepared and methodical for me though, lol.

Just started listening to Full Draw Full Time, so far so good.

Quit listening to Gritty Bowmen because of the infomercial aspect. I like gear reviews, but they got to be a bit too much for me.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Careful when typing in Avery Adventures. I typed as far as Aver in the search and "Average swingers" popped up in the recommendations. I did listen a bit to them, they talk about getting hammered before getting it on. I don't drink so guess that won't work for me.
Your screen name and those types of podcasts do follow a theme though

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
After finally figuring out what a podcast was and how to listen I've enjoyed hundred of hours of learning in the car. Took awhile to get caught up with gritty then it went to shit hope Brian can get it dialed back in. I'm currently listening to rich outdoors and of course still following Avery adventure. Some super amazing content out there

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk