What release are you hunting with 2023

Used a B3 hawk this year, it is a nice release but not the answer for me

I will be getting the like mike 2 this year. All I really want is a wiseguy with a heavier trigger, love everything about them besides it being too light in the heaviest setting.

I have shot a wiseguy for probably 15 years prior to the last few when I strayed looking for something I liked as much but with the ability to get a heavier trigger

I really liked the Stan xtinction 2 but it would occasionally let loose on the draw, and that’s not ok… got one, shot it awhile and promptly bought a second, it was excellent

I see they have a couple newer similar options but I don’t know if I want to go that route and possibly have the same thing

Sounds like they didn’t want to admit there was a problem with the xtinction, so who’s to say they fixed that issue if they didn’t want to admit there was one

ArcherAnthony

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been using a tru ball wrist release since I was 16. I’ve tried changing. I’m just set in my ways

Maverick1

WKR
What release is everyone hunting with this year? Is it different than the release you shoot for the rest of the year? (3d or target)
The release I used in 2023 is irrelevant. I'd just like to thank you for titling this thread "What release are you hunting with 2023" instead of the flat-brimmed version of the same thread, which would be "What release are you running in 2023". It is good to see one FNG use appropriate terminology. Hope you had a great season.

I don’t care for thumb buttons, but if I was in the market, that onnex c looks excellent, hadn’t heard of it but saw it mentioned a few times in this thread so looked it up, looks like a great release all around for hunting, the loop retainer is almost a must have for a thumb

For tree stand stuff you could get away with a full enclosure jaw, but it’s too cumbersome to hook up in a hurry, the hook with loop retainer is a great design

I like the click too, for me, it would be a nice feature for a thumb. I have tried thumb releases and they just aren’t for me, but I could be happy with that particular release

itsgobe

FNG
I sold a like mike 2 a couple months ago and wish I wouldn’t have. I think I’m more accurate with my thumb but feel like an index is kind of unbeatable for a lot of hunting situations.
I bought a UV Button, loved it, and lost it during my first hunt. Was digging our truck out of a wash, and must have fell out of my pocket. ….still debating whether to go back and look for it. lol.

OP
W
I don’t care for thumb buttons, but if I was in the market, that onnex c looks excellent, hadn’t heard of it but saw it mentioned a few times in this thread so looked it up, looks like a great release all around for hunting, the loop retainer is almost a must have for a thumb

For tree stand stuff you could get away with a full enclosure jaw, but it’s too cumbersome to hook up in a hurry, the hook with loop retainer is a great design

I like the click too, for me, it would be a nice feature for a thumb. I have tried thumb releases and they just aren’t for me, but I could be happy with that particular release
I've never been a fan of any thumb buttons either until recently when I picked up a used nock 2 it. I have been really liking it and will probably hunt 2024 season with it and keep my carter rx1 as a back up.

chasewild

WKR
I made some terrible shots this year under pressure. Was using a tension release. So I’m actually going to try a thumb button for the first time in 2024. Going with the Stan axis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
W
I made some terrible shots this year under pressure. Was using a tension release. So I’m actually going to try a thumb button for the first time in 2024. Going with the Stan axis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ve never used a tension release, but seems like it would be difficult for me to hunt with. I think I would pull too hard into the wall when an animal is in front of me

Point Man

Lil-Rokslider
Only a few times in the tree stand with using a thumb release convinced me to go back to an index release so now I use either the Stan SoleX or Scott S2 exclusively. Both are good releases IMO and gives me the confidence I need.

elvis

FNG
I have the B3 right now. It take a lil getting used to but now I love hunting with a thumb release.

tje803

FNG
I've been using a STAN PerfeX heavy metal thumb release for the last three years. No complaints. Some might not like the weight on that release over one with an aluminum body, but I tend to prefer a slightly heavier thumb release.

Forfarj

FNG
Tried an open hook with the Scott Ghost but that thing was so sensitive that had to put it away. A light breeze would set it off…Went back to the jaw release.

I’m finishing up my first season and going to buy either a Like Mike 2, Quickie +, or RX in the next week or two so that I can get to work over the off season.