What release are you hunting with 2023

I’ve been using a tru ball wrist release since I was 16. I’ve tried changing. I’m just set in my ways
i'm with you! i started with a cobra caliper / wrist release and used it for years. a buddy had me try one of those little carter back tension releases for 3d but i just couldn't get the hang of it. when my old cobra finally wore out a few yrs back i replaced it with a scott mongoose. i like it fine. got a trufire as a backup (i have to have a spare because i am known to Lose things...), i like it ok too altho I think i like the scott a little better.

I’m hunting with a UV hinge again this year. Will have a button in my hip belt if I lose the hinge but hasn’t happened yet, knock on wood.

Carter wise choice. I can shoot a nock 2 it but prefer the 3rd finger. I've been shooting a silverback to perfect my follow through and form. I can truthfully say I didn't have a trigger punch issue with an index release, but I am definitely more accurate with the thumb. When I learned how to shoot the thumb release i stopped punching

huntingnt

FNG
Just picked up a Carter Whisper 2. Gonna try it in Africa in April. Took the third finger rest off and I'm running it 2 finger

diverc18

Lil-Rokslider
My Carter wise choice shit the bed so it gave me an excuse to get a new one rather than fixing it. Ended up going with the Stan Onnex thumb button. So far I’m really liking it

I'll most be hunting with a HBC Flex or the 2 smooth , both are hinges I shoot both great , just haven't decided if I want to fully commit to 3 finger vs 2 finger that I've been shooting need more time behind the HBC Flex before I decide , but I shoot the hinge for everything.

Sbird2019

FNG
$50 Scott shark that I got with my first beginner bow is still going strong for me. Honestly, not a terrible release for the money. When I send an arrow into the dirt or into the next zip code, believe me, 100% of the time it’s my fault and not the release

JF_Idaho

Lil-Rokslider
I'll be running the wiseguy (ridgid, buckle) this coming season. Have been feeling good with it and got it dialed. Heaviest setting with the trigger bent back a touch. Bought a second for a backup.

2Stamp

Lil-Rokslider
I've been using a Nock 2 It (Carter Wise choice) for hunting about 5 years now. My wrist release is a Carter Like Mike.

Stave

Lil-Rokslider
Scott Essex. First thumb button I've ever shot and feel no need to try something else

TJE0705

Lil-Rokslider
Carter like Mike 2 for me. I’ve been shooting it for 2 years and see no reason to change. I think I’m going to put it in a knock on boa strap this year.

TheTone

WKR
I messed around with the Stan Axis the other day at a shop; really liked it and could see it being a great release for someone moving to a thumb or worried around losing a thumb button while hunting