Whitetail outerwear

Timwinjr

FNG
I have first lite and Sitka systems. I much prefer the first lite in the comfort category but Sitka is certainly more durable. I primarily deer hunt from a deer stand and do not walk through thick brush.

jroot327

FNG
Sitka stratus with layering underneath is about as versatile as it gets for whitetail. It can take you from the mid-50s down to the low 20s with the right layers. The Windstopper is as good as it gets for treestand hunting. With that said, I can't say it'll be very good for anything other than treestand hunts. It's probably too hot and doesn't breath for any active hunt.

Sitka stratus has been what I settled on. Seems to be the best fit for tree stand hunting. Key is don’t walk to the stand with it on, you will fry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pilarczyk85

Lil-Rokslider
the temps you're mentioning I use the First Lite corrugated pants. with a base layer under and the sitka fleece shirt. the name is escaping me at the moment with the jetstream jacket when need be I also bring the stratus jacket with me when is dips and you get that chill. Im a still hunter who uses a stand here and there and that setup works great for me. I hate the bulky scent lok stuff and whatnot even though in the dead of an ohio winter I'll use it. But if I'm gonna be mobile then im running what was stated above. Anything primaloft is worth it's weight in gold in my opinion

Gseith

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been using the kuiu guide pants and jacket for a while now. It’s been good in the cooler temps.

SnowCult

FNG
I hunt in northern MN and looking at getting the first lite sanctuary 2.0 setup. It appears to have everything I have been looking for in one setup.

First Lite for me. I wear Wick bottoms, Prana Zions, and Solitude bibs for temps 50ish and under. Full length bib leg zips are a key for the walk in. Top is Wick top, Klamath 1/4 zip, Source jacket if it's colder out, topped off with the Solitude jacket.

This setup has worked really well for me.

I haven't bought any of the pieces at full price. There is a sale often enough to add whatever is needed at a "discount".

I hunt Nebraska, up to a 3/4 mile walk in. Stand hunt.

It's been beat to death, but I'll ask it again. I'm looking to start building a system for whitetail hunting, with some crossover to big game, turkey, etc. Not too worried about cost, but no need to spend extra money. I've primarily been eyeing the new Proximity system as well as the sitka fanatic/stratus/traverse and the nomad cottonwood but I'm not tied to a brand. Ideally I'd prefer something that requires minimal layering to save time and bulk. Ideal temp range will be between 50-20s. Something like the nomad set seems like a great option,particularly for the price but not sure if it'll provide much more warmth than a fleece. I'd prefer something with some insulation (primaloft, etc) I've also just considered getting a 90$ set at walmart and being done with it

Thanks for the info guys

You can build a great system around the Sitka Stratus set to cover all of those temperature ranges. That stuff really knocks the wind down and can layer up and down under it to be extremely comfortable in those temps. 20* with the wind ripping 20 mph is about the absolute lowest limit I can push my system built around the stratus. I was wishing I had a fanatic set last weekend when it was 14-25* for an all day sit with near constant 20 mph wind, but it got me by.

I hunt in northern MN and looking at getting the first lite sanctuary 2.0 setup. It appears to have everything I have been looking for in one setup.

I use the Sanctuary 2.0 for late season, its great.