whitetail that don't brake the bank ?

Stones

FNG
Just looking for a hunt that is unguided that I could do every other year that is relatively cheap. Any help is appreciated thanks

OP
Stones

Stones

FNG
I should have specified. looking for a state that has a decent amount of public land that isn't over ran by hunters. I've done Wisconsin on private and seen some of the public land and figured there were more hunters than deer. not looking for huge bucks more opportunity is what I'm looking for

Probably depends if you're hunting archery or gun seasons how much pressure there is.

You'll find miles of public land with little hunter pressure during archery season in northern MN. Probably not going to see many deer though.

Doubt there's any slam dunks where you can go for cheap whenever you want, have tons of public, prime hunting, and little pressure.

Last edited:

fshaw

WKR
Maine has a lot of private timber company land open to hunt. The bast network of logging roads provide pretty decent access. Not high deer density numbers but some of the largest bodied deer in North America.

Rich M

WKR
Where do you live?

Draw a 50-100-150 miles radius using your house as the center. See what public land falls in there. Probably a good place to start.

I hunt 1 wma about an hour from home. No desire to go any further.

BLJ

WKR
Maine has a lot of private timber company land open to hunt. The bast network of logging roads provide pretty decent access. Not high deer density numbers but some of the largest bodied deer in North America.
I’d love a 300# doe. 😀

JAE

FNG
Is there much public land access in Nebraska that a guy could get a tag on even if it took a couple years?

JAE

FNG
I’m from southern Utah and willing to drive east as far as Wisconsin, Missouri, Iowa or anywhere close to that.

OP
Stones

Stones

FNG
Utah same as JAE willing to travel As far as needed to get a hunt that’s worth while

Are you meaning to hunt eastern whitetail? Because given you're in Utah, a close-ish one that'd be a hell of a lot of fun would be coues deer in southern Arizona. I think depending on the unit you want it's relatively easy to draw too.