Would it matter to You?

Buckman

WKR
If you were looking for a used like new pack, but it had some mods done to it. Like parts cut off to make it lighter. Would you still buy it?

muleman

WKR
Without details on the mods, it is pretty hard to answer. Even with the details it will really come down to a personal decision on your part. Personally I like to do my own mods. If you are patient and have time another unaltered one will pop up for sale.

If the mods were something that I would have done, then I'd say go for it. If they're mods that you don't like, or cannot be fixed, hold out for another one.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
If the mod is a cut down longhunter lid I'd buy it in a heartbeat and thank the person I am buying it from for saving me the trouble . :)

hflier

WKR
I would not mind Long Hunter lids cut's or snow collar cut's. The ones that get me is when they cut straps which may impede the full use of the pack if it is full or if you wanted to lash something onto it. The hanging straps seem to drive some crazy and they cut them off not thinking about it impeding the use of the pack later.

OP
B

Buckman

WKR
Let me be clear I am not looking at a pack. Have a uncut T-1 and long hunter lid. I may sell after its first use next week, so I don't know if I should cut or not.

JG358

WKR
Let me be clear I am not looking at a pack. Have a uncut T-1 and long hunter lid. I may sell after its first use next week, so I don't know if I should cut or not.

I wouldnt cut it until your sure you want to keep it.

16Bore

WKR
I don't think I own anything that I haven't tinkered with in one way or another...