100 yr Tribute build to a true classic ".30 Super"

flyguyskt

FNG
So I have had this idea to build a MODERN version of my .30 Super, also known as the 300 H&H magnum and to retire the 80 yr old Remington 721 my dad gifted me 40 years ago... still hunts and shoots phenomenally well but the sentimental value is growing... AND since it is the 100 year anniversary of the 300 H&H it was time to do it So I called Geoff Montogomery at Accurate Rifles AND he said ya this sound like a cool idea... legendary... Well after we wrangled all the parts and logistics to do it, I MUST say Geoff SMASHED this centennial tribute build. This guy is a class act!

Criteria was clear, it MUST be 300 H&H. I wanted a HUNTING rifle, one I could carry elk hunting back country, prairie deer and antelope hunting. I wanted great velocity and accuracy. I am not a 1000 yard guy, no offense not my thing but I do demand tight groups. AND lastly but of high importance it had to be beautiful...

Anyway i decided on the MACK BROS Ti Evo action... great titanium action at a great price! Proof carbon resaerch 26" sendero 1.20 shank, 9 twist. Trigger tech "special" flat trigger. Accurate innovations aluminum block custom built stock from a gorgeous piece of old English walnut I had. Talley one piece mount/rings for the Nosler 21 action(.6" high). topped with a Zeiss Hd5 50mm obj

The bare rifle weighs 6.5 pounds with pachmyer decelorator!

Any ways happy birthday.30 super!

Attachments

• KIMG3032.JPG
    KIMG3032.JPG
    249 KB · Views: 18