106 TAP for hunting?

eoperator

WKR
What I assumed were jacket thickness measurements along 3 different spots in the bullets I’m guessing?
My top measurement is mid point between ogive and tip, middle is front bearing surface, last measurement is the back of bearing surface jacket thickness.

My top measurement is mid point between ogive and tip, middle is front bearing surface, last measurement is the back of bearing surface jacket thickness.
Gotcha. So these are basically somewhere in between eldm and eldx? With an interlock ring?

I’ve got 2k coming for my “next” barrel…bullets are the most expensive part can’t pass an opportunity to cut that cost in half!

eoperator

WKR
Gotcha. So these are basically somewhere in between eldm and eldx? With an interlock ring?
Yes but in gel they seemed to perform similar to the 103eldx.

Neither reduced charge weight low velocity shot into gel fragmented. One penciled strait through and the other turned and exited out the bottom. These were reduced charge weight loads from a 1:8 barrel so results could be different with high mv velocity and faster twist. But I think it is a good indication issues will be seen at low velocity.

Last edited:
Yes but in gel they seemed to perform similar to the 103eldx.

Neither reduced charge weight low velocity shot into gel fragmented. One penciled strait through and the other turned and exited out the bottom. These were reduced charge weight loads from a 1:8 barrel so results could be different with high mv velocity and faster twist. But I think it is a good indication issues will be seen at low velocity.
Did you shoot all three into the same batch of gel? Do you have a pic of the 108 in gel at similar velocity? Just genuinely curious and appreciate the info you’re bringing here. Lots of pretty dead animals with 108eldm have been posted on here

eoperator

WKR
Did you shoot all three into the same batch of gel? Do you have a pic of the 108 in gel at similar velocity? Just genuinely curious and appreciate the info you’re bringing here. Lots of pretty dead animals with 108eldm have been posted on here
I did not shoot all 3 in the same block of gel.

The 108eldm shot at reduced mv into gel earlier this year did open/fragment ok. My wife called when I was almost done shooting that block to remind me of family obligations I forgot about. By the time I got back to the gel block it had frozen solid and turned into a giant mess not worth posting results of.

Benchrest

FNG
Boo. Mine didn’t arrive on Saturday. So no load development for me this weekend. If I want more I will have to base it off of you guys reports. Looks like Midway is down to 135 boxes at the moment.