10x42's on a Tripod... Who Does It?

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just got the Outdoorsmans stud and bino adapter for my Swaros this year, made glassing with the 10x42's far more enjoyable and productive.

View attachment 12698
View attachment 12699

In my humble opinion and all my worldly experience, this system is the only way to go. I've got the outdoorsmans stud on both my 8.5 x 42 el's and my 15 x 56 swaros. I hardly ever glass anymore without them being on a tripod.

Randy

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just got this piece the other day. I'm looking forward to using it. I think it'll make a huge difference for when I am sitting and glassing.
ytemepy3.jpg

vaju6u8y.jpg

Craig4791

WKR
I would say at least 75% of the time I'm glassing with binos they are on a tripod.

Yep, I glass from a tripod and love it! I now spot more deer than ever before. I'm using vortex razor hd 10x42 on a vortex summit ss tripod. I have both the unidaptor and the cheaper vortex adaptor. To be honest I prefer the vortex adaptor. I found the unidaptor poked me in the chest and was a bad fit into the mount leaving it loose and defeating the purpose of using a tripod in the first place.

fatrascal

WKR
Here is the Swarovski EL adapter. Very similar to the homemade one shown above but quicker to use because you are not using the butterfly nut.

And yes, I use the 10x42's on a tripod religously. fatrascal.