2019 Sheep Hunting Season

With August on the cusp here, when does sheep season officially begin? I guess I always thought it started around the start of August. I am looking forward to hearing about these mountain adventures as I count down the next 46 days to begin my pursuit of the mighty Grey Squirrel here in Michigan!

AK starts the 10th, with a Youth Only season Aug 1-5, I'd guess some big rams will start showing up soon from Alaska's Youth Season.

LitenFast

WKR
I fly up to Fairbanks Saturday 8/3 and then up into the Brooks on the 5th. Can’t wait.

First season as a packer doing back to back 10 day sheep hunts after tagging along on a hunt last year.

I’ve thought about AK everyday since I left last August.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ratbeetle

WKR
With the exception of some specialty tags, Colorado kicks off on the 3rd. I'll be out during the second archery season on the 24th. Here's a little something to get everyone fired up. Wish I had a ram tag!

AlleghenyMountain

Lil-Rokslider
With the exception of some specialty tags, Colorado kicks off on the 3rd. I'll be out during the second archery season on the 24th. Here's a little something to get everyone fired up. Wish I had a ram tag!

View attachment 112919
Wow, great picture. My dream hunt is sheep in the NWT, that won't ever happen, maybe one of the western states could be a possibility. I really enjoy reading about y'alls experiences.

ericthered

Lil-Rokslider
With August on the cusp here, when does sheep season officially begin? I guess I always thought it started around the start of August. I am looking forward to hearing about these mountain adventures as I count down the next 46 days to begin my pursuit of the mighty Grey Squirrel here in Michigan!
You can go after squirrels in Michigan’s High Country - the Porcupine Mountains! Go for a Broomed, full curl tail!

OP
M
You can go after squirrels in Michigan’s High Country - the Porcupine Mountains! Go for a Broomed, full curl tail!
I have my eyes on accomplishing the slam this fall (Fox, Grey Phase, Black Phase, Red) all in the same day. Lofty goals and expectations, but that is why we make them. Push us to the limit of our abilities to do the best that we can! Full Curl Tail.....now that is setting the bar high!!

OP
M
NWT has been open for a couple weeks. AK and others start the first. Several good rams taken in NWT already this year.
Thanks for letting me know. I am looking forward to hopefully hearing some of the reports and seeing the accomplishments of those hunters that are out there right now.

rope

FNG
In 9 more days for most of us. My 10 year old and I cant go until the 23rd. He does not have the youth tag, we both have the general season. My 8 year old and I have been planning this hunt since last moose season. When the 3 of us were in Tok at Alaska Fish and Game getting everything squared away. We were quite surprised when they told us he was qualified for a General season. Needless to say my 8YO is not to happy that he doesn't have a tag. The biologist set us up with his hunters ed, so that took some pain out the situation.

Good luck to everyone!

Yukon opened yesterday...August 1st. This guy is somewhere and was still alive last Monday. I can't reveal anything else. Enjoy dreaming about this guy. This won't go on FB or Instagram. I've got some more pics of him and others from the past two weeks, but saving them to drool over and maybe will be the one to put crosshairs on them. I promised I wouldn't divulge whose area these came from.

DWD

View attachment 113213
Yukon opened yesterday...August 1st. This guy is somewhere and was still alive last Monday. I can't reveal anything else. Enjoy dreaming about this guy. This won't go on FB or Instagram. I've got some more pics of him and others from the past two weeks, but saving them to drool over and maybe will be the one to put crosshairs on them. I promised I wouldn't divulge whose area these came from.

DWD
He’s going to look really spectacular by next season when I get up there 😂

OP
M
View attachment 113213

DWD
Thats a smoker of a ram. Nothing wrong with a little Ram drool once and a while.

19hunt92

Lil-Rokslider
Oh this is not good for my work productivity.
Heading out Tuesday for Anchorage and the sheep opener myself. I only hope to see a ram like that on the mountain, and hopefully place the crosshairs on him