2020 Best Bull Elk Hunt Photo Contest, sponsored by Kifaru

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephmae

FNG
Here’s my 2020 entry! I heard him bugle in the middle of the night and woke up @Ucsdryder. That morning he called him into 25 yards but I hit a tree! Then he settled down and I made the shot at 30 yards. He only ran 50 yards! To say I was excited is an understatement. More disbelief. Shout out to the “cold bow challenge” that absolutely helped me!

8FDE450C-42FD-4DD5-9394-C0A7F148628F.jpeg

Ucsdryder

WKR
Here’s my 2020 entry! I heard him bugle in the middle of the night and woke up @Ucsdryder. That morning he called him into 25 yards but I hit a tree! Then he settled down and I made the shot at 30 yards. He only ran 50 yards! To say I was excited is an understatement. More disbelief. Shout out to the “cold bow challenge” that absolutely helped me!

View attachment 221972

Steph woke me up at 1am. “I hear a bull outside the tent!” I tried to stay awake but I’m a heavy sleeper and I was back sawing logs in a few seconds. The next morning we got the wind right and made a big loop. We bugled back and forth and he started running. We chased him and finally caught up to him. We screamed at each other until he lost interest and started running again. We chased him again with lost cow calls and he called us right to him. He stepped out at 25 yards and Steph barely nicked a tree. He jumped forward and looked around. When he settled down again she got another arrow nocked and drew back. I was whispering red pin, red pin when she let the arrow go.

@Stephmae, you said excited, I think the video shows it a little better! ;)

nphunter

WKR
My 11 & 14 year old were my callers for this bull. Bugled back and forth for almost 2hrs. They were both standing beside me at 45 yards when i shot him. Put in 7 miles that day in scattered showers. My best bull to date and by far my favorite hunt!!

C28BE6A2-0FE8-4335-AA79-6AD9BC4A19C6.jpeg

KyleSS

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you from the bottom of my heart. My son is now 2.5 years old and we include him in everything we do. His first trophy photo was with me at 4 months old. At 6 months mom carried him and he blood trailed his first deer. At 1.5 years old we took him on his first sheep hunt. Before we go hunting he brings us our Camo and boots. The then "drives" the truck (private land in pastures) to drop us off in stands. When we go hunting he always says "good luck" and "daddy shoot deer" I always got to be heavily involved with the hunting and our outfitting business and I want the same for my son. We already have him shooting a small compound (under adult supervision) and he absolutely is addicted. I really appreciate all your kind word. That was a very special day for my grandfather. He is 78 and we all know they dont live forever, especially with the hard sheep guide life he has lived. He gets teary eyed just looking at the picture of him and Cannon. That picture is everything hunting should be and something I will never forget.

Geewhiz

WKR
My 11 & 14 year old were my callers for this bull. Bugled back and forth for almost 2hrs. They were both standing beside me at 45 yards when i shot him. Put in 7 miles that day in scattered showers. My best bull to date and by far my favorite hunt!!

View attachment 222010

Awesome. Just awesome. Those boys will never forget that! And great bull by the way!

Oh and here’s mine. Yes it’s smaller! I can’t help myself.
View attachment 221980

I love it! An archery bull is a tough kill so they all count as "great bull". Every year I tell myself hold off for a nice one (not a monster but a decent bull). But, I know that won't happen. I'll shoot whatever gives me the opportuity no matter how much I tell myself not to.

I grew it as a joke during quarantine. Then I drew my LE bull tag with one point, where guaranteed draw is something like 12 points. So I figured it was lucky and I better keep it to ensure I filled my tag. It worked. Now I guess I could shave it, but now its just a part of me.
Keep it!

wytx

WKR
Appeared to be 2 bullet wounds. Entered leg and foot from the rear, he must have been going away from the shots. Note his left front leg in 2nd pic. 1st gives it a little different look as the shoulder and leg are already separated from the chest. Season opened Oct 1 so some time after the 3rd we think because of the hunting activity on the property and neighbor's place.

DSCN3293 copy.jpg

DSCN0826 copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.