2023 Best Whitetail Photo Contest, sponsored by First Lite

Status
Not open for further replies.
GOPR0511.jpg
Not my biggest buck but certainly the most mature. He was a fighter judging from his broken tine and the scars on his face.

November 28th was a cold, very windy, typical late November morning during PA rifle season. I had pretty low expectations. As they say, if you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans!

Photo was taken with a GoPro Hero 11 (the only camera I had on hand) so the 9 point rack is pronounced despite using the linear mode. Nevertheless, I love this photo as it captures a very special moment with a terrific view!

Hunt_UP

FNG
At 6 years old, my son got to experience his first pack out, 1.7 miles each way, no trails to hike and a few hundred feet of elevation in the big timber in the U.P.. He has been with me scouting and hanging stands since he was 1, and this was his first harvest I took him to help me with. From quartering, packing, processing, and cleaning the skull, he was with me the whole way. He didn’t complain and he always reminds me to just have fun out there. I wish I could submit more pictures of our adventures this year since it’s not just about the harvest. But I’ll stick to the limit of one classic picture where the smile and arms in the air capture what the season was about. Teaching the next generation to enjoy the outdoors and hard work pays off. He earned the harvest patch for this season and when it comes in, he has the spot already picked out on his backpack. Proud dad moments! (Disclaimer - this is my kill, not my sons, he was my partner in this hunt)IMG_8219.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.