2020 Fat Guy Thread

Ridge Runner

Lil-Rokslider
Okay I'll weigh in. After yrs of working on religiously kind of got burned out and switched jobs with my company which didn't allow for consistent workout times. Swelled to 222 at 6'. Last years elk hunt nearly killed me. Fast forward to May and drew a Gila elk tag. Figured what the hell and put in for a premium elk hunt in Idaho and drew that as well. Been stepping up the workouts since. Down to 207 with a goal of 195. Quit (mostly) drinking alcohol during the week and started intermittent fasting (don't eat in the morning until really hungry). Feeling the best I've felt in years (I'm 52) and weight has really fallen off in the last few weeks.

Hitting the Gila on Sept. 20th and Idaho elk tag on Oct. 1st. I'll be ready.

KNASH

Lil-Rokslider
The progress being show on this thread really is impressive! I've been rucking with 25 points on my back, and I really admire people who can lose that much or even more!

Reactions: LLB
So even though I'm down 50 lbs in a couple of years. I really started tracking what I am eating and drinking about two weeks ago. So I'm down 2.6 lbs in 2 weeks. Not what I wanted but I'll take it. The hardest part for me is getting the grams of protein that I should be getting.

SemperHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome job!

I'll join in. I started working out before COVID to get ready for season and then got wrapped up with quarantine and everything and lost sight of my goal. I gained around another 10lbs. Weigh in at the Dr last week had me at 245 lbs, I'm 5' 8". That was a wake up call that I needed to get my butt in gear for an Idaho trip late October chasing Elk and Muleys.

Yesterday's weigh in post workout had me at 238 lbs. My realistic goal for the trip is to be at 210 though I'd prefer to be sub 200.

Big Dunc

FNG
You guys have impressed me enough to convince me to join! I'm 6'6" and overall a big person, (past semi-pro football player). I looked as skinny as a big guy gets when I was playing and logging at the same time (around 265 lbs.). Getting office jobs and having a son with medical issues (live in a hospital for roughly a month a year) has made me get WAY too big. Weighed in back in February at 325 lbs. And started doing really well and made it to 289 lbs. In April. Then Covid wrecked that. Now back to 305 lbs. Starting again in the morning with workouts, healthy eating, no beer.

02/15/20. Start weight: 325#s
Today's weight: 305#s
Goal weight: 250#s

OP
L

LLB

Lil-Rokslider
I've been on the road for a couple of weeks ( I drive a semi) and haven't been able to weigh myself. Home again and here's where I'm at.

Down 4 lbs from last weigh in 3 weeks ago.
Currently 216 lbs, down 107 lbs in 44 weeks.
Feel great, just staying with the plan. I do change up my exercise now and then so I don't get used to any routine.

I see some guys are already out chasing animals (y) , good luck to them and all of ya'll planning to go soon. It'll be next year for me to go west but I do have an elk hunt planned for CO. Gives me plenty of time to get ready.

Maki35

WKR
Nice job OP. Keep it up. You're closing in on your goal weight.

I'm sure you can feel the difference already. Not having to carry around all that extra weight. Less stress on the legs, knees and your heart. Congrats, Keep up it.
Determination & hard work will get you there.

My update; Down 18 lbs since April, had follow-up visit with my doctor two weeks ago. Bloodwork - cholesterol numbers were all lower than they have been in a long time. Triglycerides were down from 309 to 125. Blood suger and A1C numbers were also down. 18 lbs lost since last visit back in April. Joints feel good, ankles not swollen.

Jusgunn3

Lil-Rokslider
Great job guys! I am slacking and only have a few weeks to “get into shape” I don’t know if I will be where I want before the season start!

Odell

Lil-Rokslider
Great job and great motivation!

I started today. I definitely gained the Covid 19 and weighed in this morning at 272. I am 6'3" and want to get to 220.

lets go! I'm already hungry lol

Cwillimon

FNG
Started 6 weeks ago with diet and exercise. I’m 33 years old and had not worked out since right out of high school. I have fluctuated in weight from 270-250 since getting married in 2010. I planned my first elk hunt for this year and knew I needed to get into shape. I weighed in at 255 and started the process. I weighed in last Saturday at 236 the smallest I have been in over 10 years. I have gained strength and my cardio is coming along. My goal is to be at 230 for Colorado’s second elk season.

HE>i77

FNG
I realized I was posting my fat guy weigh in on a thread over a year old 🤔 so I figured I should start one for this year. Please join in so we can give each other mutual support. No western hunt for this year, elk next year but I can't wait till then to get in better shape. Here it goes:

10/19/19. Start weight: 323#s
Today's weight: 229#s
Goal weight: 180#s

Down 2#s from last week. Good luck to everyone out there, hunting season will be here before you know it.
Started 6 weeks ago with diet and exercise. I’m 33 years old and had not worked out since right out of high school. I have fluctuated in weight from 270-250 since getting married in 2010. I planned my first elk hunt for this year and knew I needed to get into shape. I weighed in at 255 and started the process. I weighed in last Saturday at 236 the smallest I have been in over 10 years. I have gained strength and my cardio is coming along. My goal is to be at 230 for Colorado’s second elk season.

Nice job! Do you follow a nutrition plan? Exercise plan?

HE>i77

FNG
Great job and great motivation!

I started today. I definitely gained the Covid 19 and weighed in this morning at 272. I am 6'3" and want to get to 220.

lets go! I'm already hungry lol

Good luck! I'm weighing in at 320 as a 6'6" former college O-lineman. Three surgeries this year, 1 on each of my hips, has derailed any fitness. My goal weight is 275. LFG!

Awesome job!

I'll join in. I started working out before COVID to get ready for season and then got wrapped up with quarantine and everything and lost sight of my goal. I gained around another 10lbs. Weigh in at the Dr last week had me at 245 lbs, I'm 5' 8". That was a wake up call that I needed to get my butt in gear for an Idaho trip late October chasing Elk and Muleys.

Yesterday's weigh in post workout had me at 238 lbs. My realistic goal for the trip is to be at 210 though I'd prefer to be sub 200.
you can do it man!

switchback270

Lil-Rokslider
Just discovered this thread. I've packed on a lot of weight since college (was between 210-215 and working out 5 days a week). Currently 31, 6', and weighed in at 268 this morning. Last year around April/May timeframe I was tipping the scales at 300. Talk about depressing. So I hit a low carb program and got down to 247. Over the past year I've packed 20lb back on. I have an elk hunt in mid-late October and my goal is to at least get back down under 250 before then.