2020 First Lite

Meridian90

Lil-Rokslider
So far nothing "new" aside from an alpine color addition. As a non sheep/goat hunter (yet) it looks like I just found some new everyday wear to buy!

I agree the sanctuary is warm. I was gearing my comment more towards a mid season or softshell like the catalyst with windstopper for those days that are chilly but not quite cold enough for the sanctuary....the wind just cuts right through the catalyst unfortunately.

Agreed! I have the sanctuary bibs and they seem to be pretty wind resistant, but big and bulky for those days that are 25-40 degrees, which seems to cover about 90% of my november (and often december-january) hunts here in Iowa. I was really excited about the solitude bibs, but I wore them just the other day in 48 degrees and a stiff breeze with no base layer, and I could feel the wind on my legs the whole time and was actually pretty chilly after a couple hours.

If they would stop the wind, they'd be the perfect weight and size for those chilly days.

Shoes

FNG
It is time. Preview up on their site.

Zip off bottoms, catalyst and brooks vest. New Uncompahgre jacket.

Zip off bottoms

Full length in the kiln? They didnt even make the kiln full length when it didnt have zippers.

And maybe I shouldn't knock it til I try it, but I think the zipper running that way would be annoying (its opposite the kuiu bottoms).

Shoes

FNG
Full length in the kiln? They didnt even make the kiln full length when it didnt have zippers.

And maybe I shouldn't knock it til I try it, but I think the zipper running that way would be annoying (its opposite the kuiu bottoms).

I've been wanting a heavier merino zip off. Kuiu seems to have stopped making theirs, so I'll probably sign up for a pair of the kiln or furnace to give a go.

The Ridgeline QZ seems interesting. Be nice to cut wind without needing to necessarily bring a jacket. Probably wait for some reviews on that tho.

fwafwow

WKR
I kept thinking "that's OK" or "meh" and "why can't I get the new zip off Furnace in full length instead of just boot top?" Then I put in to be notified on like 7 things when they are in stock. :ROFLMAO:

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some new additions for the women's line. Including the Brooks jacket, Obsidian pant and different base layers. I've worn the Brooks, Obsidians and the base layers if anyone has questions on fit.

The full zip base layers are going to be nice and that new color is awesome in person!

tdhanses

WKR

I kind of like the direction from top to bottom vs bottom to top but they are about 4 years late to the party.

I kind of like the direction from top to bottom vs bottom to top but they are about 4 years late to the party.

If you have the kiln (full length), the zipper slide is gonna end up in your boot, which doesn’t sound very appealing. And I kinda like the Velcro tab on the Kuiu waist band so that when putting them on, they get held in place while I mess with the zipper.

donald_pomerleau

Lil-Rokslider
I’m honestly kind of disappointed. Nothing I would spend money on over what was already out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tdhanses

WKR
If you have the kiln (full length), the zipper slide is gonna end up in your boot, which doesn’t sound very appealing. And I kinda like the Velcro tab on the Kuiu waist band so that when putting them on, they get held in place while I mess with the zipper.

Ahh good point, didn’t think about the zipper in boot.

I may give the furnace boot cut a go, my Kuiu lighter weight work fine enough to not replace.

I’ve been waiting for them to release grey as a color option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Some new additions for the women's line. Including the Brooks jacket, Obsidian pant and different base layers. I've worn the Brooks, Obsidians and the base layers if anyone has questions on fit.

The full zip base layers are going to be nice and that new color is awesome in person!

Thanks. My wife is 5’ 8” and 115 lbs. She runs the small in their base layers and jackets, but doesn’t own any of their pants... I want to order her the merino pants for this season. Would small bet her ideal size? Stick with small? She has long legs so hoping they won’t be too short.

Lowg08

WKR
I seen on AT earlier that there is still more items to come out this year