2021 Rokslide Cold Bow Challenge Question/Comment Thread

I keep shooting first thing in the morning and getting great weather conditions along the way. 3 days in the book and three arrows in the kill zone. It feels like the last 5 years of work with the recurve is finally paying off.

P.S. @robby denning I still wouldn't go five days on a hunt without shooting some practice arrows. ;)

Spence14

WKR
Anybody got their second shot up yet? I’m sitting here looking at my target. Can’t decide if I’m nervous, excited, or full of dread. Ha ha Ha ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Second shot will be today! I stayed up late Saturday (with adult beverages) and was struggling all day Sunday. Looking back, it was probably perfect day to simulate day two on the mountain....

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I keep shooting first thing in the morning and getting great weather conditions along the way. 3 days in the book and three arrows in the kill zone. It feels like the last 5 years of work with the recurve is finally paying off.

P.S. @robby denning I still wouldn't go five days on a hunt without shooting some practice arrows. ;)

Nice shooting man.
I try to shoot on hunts too but on some of the back country hunts it’s very tough.

Nice shooting man.
I try to shoot on hunts too but on some of the back country hunts it’s very tough.

I absolutely agree. It's much easier to do with a traditional bow because the arrow speeds are lower. You can shoot a rotten stump, or a tussock of grass with a judo point when your arrow is only going 180 FPS.

Ratbeetle

WKR
Was going to shoot first thing this morning but we have snow coming in this evening. I think I'll hold off and shoot when it gets nasty out. It's not like I can shoot any worse, ha!

CB4

WKR
Im really hoping tomorrow goes better (zoom in on the tree). New bow and just replaced the factory strings last week and was dialed out to 50 yards this weekend. Hit 1" tape consistently to confirm yardage. Then I took my first shot today with a MER of 40.

Excited to be a part of the CBC for the first time. Best of luck to all and may your arrows hit behind your pins!

Attachments

• ouch.jpeg
    ouch.jpeg
    683.2 KB · Views: 24

Randle

WKR
Yep When I miss on a block target I think
"OH low hit I must have dropped my bow arm , lack of follow thru"
when I miss on a 3D deer "Oh I just wounded that deer, it's going to be a long track job" gut punch......

Elkhntr08

WKR
I’ve had 3 almost perfect days to shoot. Played with a couple new loads for the 300 Weatherby over the weekend because it was so nice.
But.....typical Illinois, suppose to snow tomorrow, high of 42 here. Figures.