2021 Rokslide Cold Bow Challenge Question/Comment Thread

I went to the range today after a long workout at the gym, it actually calmed my nerves a bit and I felt really good. Was worried I would be tired and less steady but overall I was just more focused. Never had to let down to calm myself, shot felt great and I’m back in the kill zone .

Good luck to all you dudes dealing with weather today! Sounds like almost everyone is getting hit with a windy day or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chadcharb

Lil-Rokslider
I kinda felt like I was cheating with my first arrow today. I've been shooting 100 arrows a day for a week or so getting ready for a tournament I went to last weekend. I waited till after work today for arrow #1 so I could be over 24 hours without a shot lol

cusecat04

FNG
I figured this would be maxed out on participants before I got back from PA trout over the weekend. Checked this morning and saw it was open, changed lunch plans to get my target back into shape.
Think I’m in so here we go, first shot went well.

Man... I made some errors in judgement with my shot this morning. I don't think I've ever tried to shoot a bow while still half asleep, but I paid for it today. Didn't get my anchor set up right, and I'm pretty sure I dropped my bow arm a bit. First long tracking job of the 2021 CBC for me, and it sucks!

Elkhntr08

WKR
Can’t believe I’m on day 4 and still spots left. Got out this morning to beat the snow/rain coming in.
New footers will be here on Thursday, should be setting up my new heavy weight arrows this weekend. Be done with the challenge just in time.

TX_Diver

WKR
Can’t believe I’m on day 4 and still spots left. Got out this morning to beat the snow/rain coming in.
New footers will be here on Thursday, should be setting up my new heavy weight arrows this weekend. Be done with the challenge just in time.

Last year everyone was stuck at home in "quarantine" or "lockdown."

This year's a bit more "normal" and people are able to get their shots in between riots.

Ratbeetle

WKR
I really like shooting in different weather and lighting conditions. It's not always sunny and 70 in the mountains. Good contrast with the bright sun on the snow and target deep in the shadows this morning. I shoot instinctive and find that these conditions make it very hard to focus on a spot. Good practice for shooting at animals in hunting conditions.

0420210847.jpg

Not a great result. On centerline but high...typical. SMH.

0420210847_HDR.jpg

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
The worst part of this whole thing is not being able to launch 2 or 3 more arrows to confirm what you did right or wrong and instead spending the next 24+ hours wondering how and if you'll find a way to screw things up on your next shot.

That’s what makes it real right there. When I started doing this five years ago, that’s when I realized I had been deceiving myself by shooting those extra arrows. I’d leave the range remembering those last arrows and not the first

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
With the wind advisory yesterday I didn’t shoot. So when I stepped up to the target this morning, I could feel the rust! I drew a few times to make sure I could get settled. I hit the vitals, but it still felt like a wing and a prayer.

With the wind advisory yesterday I didn’t shoot. So when I stepped up to the target this morning, I could feel the rust! I drew a few times to make sure I could get settled. I hit the vitals, but it still felt like a wing and a prayer.

Today was the first time I didn't do a couple warm up draws with my bow in the challenge. I wanted to see the difference, and there is definitely a difference. The takeaway for me is that I need to do a practice draw every couple hours while hunting if I'm not able to actually shoot an arrow.

Ratbeetle

WKR
Today was the first time I didn't do a couple warm up draws with my bow in the challenge. I wanted to see the difference, and there is definitely a difference. The takeaway for me is that I need to do a practice draw every couple hours while hunting if I'm not able to actually shoot an arrow.

I haven't been doing any practice draws, just grip it and rip it. I need to try a few practice draws before my shot tomorrow.

cjdewese

WKR
I haven't been doing any practice draws, just grip it and rip it. I need to try a few practice draws before my shot tomorrow.
Same, just been gripping and ripping it. Did some pull ups last night before going to bed, definitely felt that this morning when I drew back about 10 minutes after waking up...