2021 Rokslide Cold Bow Challenge Question/Comment Thread

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Today was the first time I didn't do a couple warm up draws with my bow in the challenge. I wanted to see the difference, and there is definitely a difference. The takeaway for me is that I need to do a practice draw every couple hours while hunting if I'm not able to actually shoot an arrow.

Agreed. Even when I can’t shoot on the mountain, I try to draw anchor and hold every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today was the first time I didn't do a couple warm up draws with my bow in the challenge. I wanted to see the difference, and there is definitely a difference. The takeaway for me is that I need to do a practice draw every couple hours while hunting if I'm not able to actually shoot an arrow.

I did the same thing yesterday. There’s definitely a calming effect of drawing and letting down a few times. Almost like taking practice shots.

Archerichards

Lil-Rokslider
Got new glasses? Yes, might need to recheck your POI with your new eyeglasses. Also, careful with your DL, because if its a hair too long then you'll be looking through those things sideways and that will distort your line of sight. Im a glasses-wearer, so, just sharing my own experience/screw-ups here.

3pointer

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t know wat it is about splitting pins, do I find a point of aim with top pin, bottom pin, put target in center of pins???? any advice would be great Bad day today 🥲, can’t wait for this to be over , I’m batting .500 right now , hope to finish strong , last day tommorow, no pressure 😂

Last edited:

Randle

WKR
I carry 2 arrows with rubber blunts for limb chickens and shooting practice shots at rotten stumps or dirt patches. This really helps with distance judging and confidence while hunting

TX_Diver

WKR
Least I can't go 0/5 now! Weather has held off so far and it's been a nice day other than being cold.

There should be a prize or separate drawing for anyone who gets skunked :ROFLMAO:

Still not happy with 1/4 but will see if I can go 2/5 tomorrow.

XI7x63Ll.jpg

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Least I can't go 0/5 now! Weather has held off so far and it's been a nice day other than being cold.

There should be a prize or separate drawing for anyone who gets skunked :ROFLMAO:

XI7x63Ll.jpg
thanks for sharing your experiences. Makes us all better.

Fatcamp

WKR

XI7x63Ll.jpg

Managed 1/4 today myself. Calm wind makes all the difference.

Hoping for 2/5!😁

@BAP is an 11 year old boy who just put up his first arrow of the challenge! And he nailed it. See post #133 on Tapa Talk

Welcome to the challenge @BAP! I’ll bet your dad is proud

Dad is VERY proud, so far he's doing better than me. Only with me on weekends so will be a bit slower going than me but we'll definitely get his arrows wrapped up before the deadline!

Dropped the ball with my recurve on day 3 today 😭

looking back this is the first CBC miss I’ve had in 3 years of the challenge.

but in that time frame I’ve also missed two of the biggest deer I’ve ever had an opportunity at—one big typical mule deer 170ish with compound at 58 yards and one big 8pt whitetail at 8 yards with the recurve.

my conclusion is that I need to shoot more!!!

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Dang @Tony Trietch you're just about shooting in the same hole at 80
He’s post #6 full if anyone wants to see.

@Billy Goat you’re doing well from the tree and at least you tried a last light shot!

@Josh Boyd that Ventum 33! Good luck on last arrow

now that everybody’s getting onto their third and fourth day it’s interesting to go through the thread and see where everybody’s at. Some great shots on rokslide, but lots of us just average guys too.

you got to admire the guys that are just blowing it and they don’t make any excuses and just keep shooting.

Tomorrow is the final shot. Time to go to bed so I can wake up quicker and finish off the challenge! I'm actually really happy with my shooting so far. The only bad shot was when I deliberately didn't warm up, and it proved my suspicion in the process.

Josh Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dang @Tony Trietch you're just about shooting in the same hole at 80
He’s post #6 full if anyone wants to see.

@Billy Goat you’re doing well from the tree and at least you tried a last light shot!

@Josh Boyd that Ventum 33! Good luck on last arrow

now that everybody’s getting onto their third and fourth day it’s interesting to go through the thread and see where everybody’s at. Some great shots on rokslide, but lots of us just average guys too.

you got to admire the guys that are just blowing it and they don’t make any excuses and just keep shooting.
When I grow up want to learn how to shoot like Tony! :D