2022 Haul Road Caribou Hunt. Who is going????

I have a haul road hunt booked for the first two weeks of September.

Who else is going? When will you be there?

I come from the offshore fishing world and it would be great to at least have some contacts to share info with while on the road in the same way that we do with offshore runs for Tuna.

Lets help each other and keep from interfering with each others stalks.

Thanks.

I come from the offshore fishing world and it would be great to at least have some contacts to share info with while on the road in the same way that we do with offshore runs for Tuna.

Thanks.
You driving up or hire someone to take you off the haul road.

I’m not going this year

Myself and a buddy will be. Just trying to figure out dates if we want to go early, mid, or end of August.

Behlftball

Lil-Rokslider
I've penciled in 2023. Hoping to go around Labor day with my work schedule. How far out are people booking rental vehicles?

OP
SKIHUNTFISH
I booked my 2022 rental about two months ago and they told me I got the last truck.

jdvanstar

WKR

Thanks.
I'll be there! 8/9th-16th

Can anyone point me to a more comprehensive resource on this hunt? It's been on my list, but I'm looking for a bit more reading material.

Been talked about in numerous threads on this forum. Get a vehicle head north dont bust on other people stalks. Lots of country to glass. Some spots might be better then others depends on the day. Dont be afraid to hike in even if it's just 1/4 of a mile to glass. Getting in just a little bit will open up areas you cant see from the road

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

RELIANT

FNG
Would love to do this hunt...but not next year. Please post an after action report to let us know how it goes! Good Luck!

OP
SKIHUNTFISH
Do you guys have recomendations on optics to bring on this hunt? I live in the east so I have 8x42 binos and a very cheap spotting scope that I have only ever used for target practice at the range...

jdvanstar

WKR
Do you guys have recomendations on optics to bring on this hunt? I live in the east so I have 8x42 binos and a very cheap spotting scope that I have only ever used for target practice at the range...
Bringing Vortex 10x42s and a 20-60x85 spotter (though I'm still debating bringing the spotter)