2023 AZ Elk Draw

LFC911

WKR
Drew a cow tag in AZ for unit 10. Looking forward as this will be my first elk hunt. This required I go out and buy a new rifle well actually 2 - Weatherby vanguards in 30-06 and last week one in 300 Wby Mag.
will let you know how it went
2 is one; one is none

Ark6

FNG
I figure it had to be due to my nonres status with a az lifetime hunting license.

I’m considering moving out of state. I’ll be buying the lifetime license for myself and am considering same for my 8 & 10 year old kids. Only thing I can’t decide is if the combo is the way to go or just hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blackcats06

Lil-Rokslider
I’m considering moving out of state. I’ll be buying the lifetime license for myself and am considering same for my 8 & 10 year old kids. Only thing I can’t decide is if the combo is the way to go or just hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unless you are going to go back for just fishing trips buy the hunting only. You can buy a year long fishing license for 55 and daily for like 20. I don't see the value for a fishing license unless you really are gonna make specific trips each year

wpriest75

FNG
The tag was for Unit 10. Did not see anything. Heard only 2 shots the whole time. Everyone we talked to didn't see anything. A bit surprised with 700+ tags. We hunted in the Kaibab Nat. Forest. It was very dry everywhere.
I thinking of putting in for 3A/3C in the upcoming draw as I have a place in Show Low and can do some scouting this summer.

Rimrocks

FNG
How did your hunt go last fall?
It went well, I had the unit 10 tag. Rutting activity was not what I had hoped, and the temps were in the 80's most days so that limited the elk activity. I was real close to getting a shot on several large bulls but wind or people or terrain always kept the bulls alive. Ended up shooting a 337 bull one of the last days. We saw a lot of bulls, they would respond to calls but wouldn't come in and I couldn't close the distance so many times. All in all we were surprised how much pressure there actually was considering the amount of tags. still an amazing hunt and if I had 25 points I would do it again. Biggest we saw was some over 400 inches. (He was shot a week later by an outfitted hunter) Amazing country!